2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to like these, but I just can't...

They literally took the away uniform and swapped the white for the gold (with the exception of the grey pants). The thick white stripes really take away from gold, and I think this problem will be amplified when watching on TV. Excluding black striping was a big mistake, in my opinion. This feels really half-a**ed, and is a disappointment.

The grey jersey looks significantly more cohesive and thought out than this new gold version.  Black appearing nowhere on the striping while being so prominent on the logos comes across as lazy.  It reminds me of one of those fashion jerseys Starter made in the 90's where they haphazardly swapped colours without giving any consideration to how they'd interact with the unchanged logos.

0nj3Rcy.jpg

There really should be some black on the jersey. Or they possibly should have changed the crest to eliminate black.  But the shade of gold is fantastic, and so is the dazzle material. That looks amazing. And the color balance is actually really nice, especially with the white gloves. But now the home jersey for the Knights really feels out of place, which is odd, considering it’s the best jersey of the three. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

42 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

The grey jersey looks significantly more cohesive and thought out than this new gold version.  Black appearing nowhere on the striping while being so prominent on the logos comes across as lazy.  It reminds me of one of those fashion jerseys Starter made in the 90's where they haphazardly swapped colours without giving any consideration to how they'd interact with the unchanged logos.

0nj3Rcy.jpg

I did a color swap gold with the home jerseys and it looked way to much like Pittsburgh yellow jersey. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Now that’s way to much black... I’m honestly starting to wonder how improved the Knights branding would be without black. The grey is a fantastic color on its own. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

9 hours ago, alecgoff said:

What if they replaced the white with black, and changed the bottom stripe to black like this?

vegas-golden-knights-dvsdvdvcnew-third-j

For me it really depends on whether they consider it a dark (home) jersey, or light (away) jersey.  Yellow used to be light (Kings, Bruins, Penguins) but now apparently it is dark (Predators)...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

19 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

0nj3Rcy.jpg

This comparison just highlights how bland the charcoal sweaters truly are. 

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'd like the grey sweaters just fine in a league that didn't have the Ducks and Kings doing similar stuff within the division (you may remember the '17 Kings wearing grey sweaters in kind of a dress rehearsal for the Golden Knights). An Atlanta Knights team doing grey and gold would have been pretty neat.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

29 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I'd like the grey sweaters just fine in a league that didn't have the Ducks and Kings doing similar stuff within the division (you may remember the '17 Kings wearing grey sweaters in kind of a dress rehearsal for the Golden Knights). An Atlanta Knights team doing grey and gold would have been pretty neat.

To be fair, the Ducks and Kings both should've changed a while ago. If those two just went back to their unique color palettes, the Knights would be alone with their look.

13 hours ago, Lights Out said:

This comparison just highlights how bland the charcoal sweaters truly are. 

I suppose a burrito seems "bland" next to a toothpaste and orange juice smoothie. It doesn't mean its a bad thing. 

Also the original Vegas home and away got lauded for its panache, with the sparkly gold, the arm pattern, the white gloves etc. I really hope this is not the direction the bar is heading.

On 10/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, WSU151 said:

The NHL Draft hats just released...pretty much the 2017 hats but with the jersey stripes on the front instead of the sides...Ducks, Senators, Panthers not shown for any style.

https://www.fanatics.com/hats-flex/d-31110042-42339796+z-945-2034900309?query=2020 nhl draft hat&_ref=p-SRP:m-SD

Coyotes still using the howling dog logo:

Arizona Coyotes Fanatics Branded 2020 NHL Draft Authentic Pro On-Stage Flex Hat - Garnet/Black

I'm surpised Arizona didn't go with the kachina coyote for the draft hats... despite the howling coyote being the primary, you don't really see it all that much anymore. Most stuff on their website and social media is all kachina. Even their new ads for the team store, and some new community stuff, is all done in the kachina style with the old logo...

Something tells me 2020-21 will be the last season with the howling dog as the primary.

It might also just be because they're unveiling it later on, after the draft is finished. The fact that everything is still Kachina-themed even long after the team was eliminated from the playoffs makes me question the prospect of them not changing over in the very near future. Hell, even the logo for their new community ice rink is entirely Kachina-focused;

cut.jpg

Which I mean, sure, the Kachinas practice there, but there's still a clear lean into the Kachina for most of their new branding.

Archived