squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

Hopefully they bring back Katchina full time as well

That's ... kind of... boring.

I'm not a big fan of this new trend of "using an outline of the state for an anniversary logo." It's cool once or twice, but when everyone and their dog/coyote does it, it starts getting overused. Especially where Arizona did that already with the 20th anniversary one.

Also would have been cool to see a full kachina rebrand but... oh well, next year it is, I guess. It's totally coming, that much is pretty well guaranteed at this point.

Coyotes to Crank Up the Kachina in 2021

October 6, 2020 - 19:08 PM

In celebration of a quarter-century of hockey in the desert, the Arizona (née Phoenix) Coyotes will be going with a much more retro theme when they take the ice for the 2020-21 season. Yes, it’s been 25 years since the original NHL Jets took off from Winnipeg with sights set

Read More...

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Where there's smoke, there's fire... 👀

1500x500

They also have this as their banner currently. An anniversary logo using an alternate logo seems weird.

It was their inaugural and primary logo for their first seven years, makes sense to have this option.

Buffalo had four versions for their past primary logos.

NOOOOOOOO YOU'RE THE HECKIN' ATLANTA THRASHERINOS YOU CAN'T HONOR THE COYOTES FRANCHISE NOOOOO ONLY THE COYOTES CAN DO THIS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE SAD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

lol ducky tribute go brrrr

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

NOOOOOOOO YOU'RE THE HECKIN' ATLANTA THRASHERINOS YOU CAN'T HONOR THE COYOTES FRANCHISE NOOOOO ONLY THE COYOTES CAN DO THIS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE SAD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

lol ducky tribute go brrrr

:censored:, did the Browns did more harm than good when it comes to franchise continuity and fanbases lmao

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Well, we at least have the Coyotes' anniversary logos, even if it seems we might not be getting a full-hog rebrand quite yet. I say that because of two things this press release also says;

• For one, the Kachinas will be worn for 25 home games next season. Makes me think a phaseout of the current set is coming.
  • And second, the moon logo that's only used on the Kachinas is replacing the howling logo at center ice for all of their home games, which makes little sense if you're not going to rebrand;cut.jpg

Love. love, love the return of the moon at center ice. That was always my favorite center ice design.

2 hours ago, charger77 said:

Adidas.com has the Sharks jerseys on sale ($126 vs $180 for all other teams)... are they getting a new jersey?

All the draft hat stuff points to no major changes...maybe a shoulder patch change? Maybe the stripes are only on one sleeve??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

All the draft hat stuff points to no major changes...maybe a shoulder patch change? Maybe the stripes are only on one sleeve??

Probably more likely to see another throwback alternate; it's the team's 30th anniversary next season, so I would be unsurprised if they debut a throwback jersey later on as part of that.

Speaking of, the Sharks should be showing their anniversary logo soon, as should Colorado. They're the only two left who haven't revealed their anniversary logos yet.

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Here's Icethetics (mostly) updated anniversary graphic going until the 2027-28 season. I say mostly because it doesn't have the change to the Jets logo and it lists Vegas having two fifth anniversaries instead of a fifth and a tenth.

EjqryafVkAEvXJ8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Also seems to ignore the Coyotes' 30th, which would fall on 2025-26.

3 hours ago, charger77 said:

Adidas.com has the Sharks jerseys on sale ($126 vs $180 for all other teams)... are they getting a new jersey?

Yes.  The jersey will be completely blank.  The logo will be be drawn on with a sharpie and the numbers will be duct tape.  Imagine how much lighter the jerseys will be next year.  Old man Thorton will be flying down the ice like he was Connor McDavid.

Archived