2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I am pretty sure that is a practice jersey, all the nhl practice jerseys have that red inside the collar I think. 

I think that's an orange color on that inside collar. All practice jerseys have the white collar on the outside...b

Ron Knabenbauer on Twitter: "The new #Avs @adidashockey practice jerseys.… "

Haha @Ridleylash beat me to it...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

that is exactly what I said and the post above you said 

Ridleylash and I posted at almost the same time, and I'm pointing out it's more of an orange than a red (which you said). 

I think that is a real nice shade of blue on Colorado's practice jersey. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually do a lighter blue jersey that's an inverse of their home jersey. I think it could look pretty decent.

It's kinda weird that Mackinnon would post a picture of his gloves and saying new colours if they weren't different from the stadium series.  Maybe Colorado really is going through with the plan of wearing a Nordiques throwback next season.   

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Not the only one.  I think they’re far superior to the regular Avs look. 

I thought they were inventive, and unusually avant garde for a hockey uniform. Sort of reminiscent of the idea behind the Canucks' old Flying V uniforms. I think the Avs' look would have more staying power, but only slightly. As unique as they are, I fear they would grow tiresome. 

5 minutes ago, rorinator said:

PGjbIy2.jpg

The Penguins are throwing it back to the Gin N Juice days with this leaked FOURTH jersey design. Thoughts?

Confirms the long-rumored 4th jersey program; I wonder if we'll see a lot more revised throwback/fauxback looks. 

Pretty good look as an alternate for the Penguins...the captain's C looks weirdly skinny. 

17 minutes ago, rorinator said:

PGjbIy2.jpg

The Penguins are throwing it back to the Gin N Juice days with this leaked FOURTH jersey design. Thoughts?

I don't like the penguin logo without the triangle behind it.

21 minutes ago, rorinator said:

PGjbIy2.jpg

Booo, no Robopen on the shoulder. 😛

40 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe they would grow tiresome.  Maybe. 

But the Avs’ current logo already has. Long ago. 

I'd rather see them go for a Rockies-inspired look over trotting the Stadium kit out as a main look.

I have the same opinion, I don't think the shoulder penguins are really needed and clutter the design because of how many edges they have versus the Robopen logo. Also, I don't know if I really like road alts but they do already have a yellow and black jersey sooooo.

26 minutes ago, rorinator said:

PGjbIy2.jpg

It's not too far off the unused design from the '90s:

spacer.png

Funny enough, they were trying to get the league to allow four jerseys at the time, 2 with the script & 2 with the robo penguin. The league denied, so they compromised by using one of each.

Archived