squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

That Penguins jersey just looks real awkward. They need to space the letters apart. 

I really hope the Rangers don't use GREY. The White Liberty jersey, the superior one IMO, should be the way to go. 

BenHSports, a very trusted seller of adidas jerseys has said that the Duck's fourth jersey most likely will be an orange version of the Wild Wing jersey. His adidas distributor referred to it as a 'duck breaking through ice'. These adidas fourths are going to be absolutely awful aren't they...?

15 minutes ago, rorinator said:

BenHSports, a very trusted seller of adidas jerseys has said that the Duck's fourth jersey most likely will be an orange version of the Wild Wing jersey. His adidas distributor referred to it as a 'duck breaking through ice'. These adidas fourths are going to be absolutely awful aren't they...?

If this is correct, this would be my best guess on the design, but just on the modern template instead of the old CCM ones.

dfgdfgdffgdfgd.png

33 minutes ago, rorinator said:

BenHSports, a very trusted seller of adidas jerseys has said that the Duck's fourth jersey most likely will be an orange version of the Wild Wing jersey. His adidas distributor referred to it as a 'duck breaking through ice'. These adidas fourths are going to be absolutely awful  awesome aren't they...?

FTFY 😃

37 minutes ago, rorinator said:

These adidas fourths are going to be absolutely awful aren't they...?

Yes.

2 hours ago, rorinator said:

These adidas fourths are going to be absolutely awful aren't they...?

Some might be good. But i think it's gonna be an overall fail. Why not simply make a 4th jersey vintage program ? (Except Vegas of course)

37 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Some might be good. But i think it's gonna be an overall fail. Why not simply make a 4th jersey vintage program ? (Except Vegas of course)

A lot of teams are using heritage thirds already, so another vintage program would be kind of redundant. Like Arizona already has a throwback for their third, as do St. Louis, Washington, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto, New Jersey and Chicago, and I expect some more coming up as we see teams celebrating anniversaries. A fourth jersey throwback program feels redundant when so many teams already use throwbacks as alternates.

And for teams with short jersey histories like Columbus or Minnesota, a straight vintage program also doesn't leave much room for creativity, since they don't have a lot to choose from to begin with without resorting to fauxbacks. At least with the inversion gimmick they could do something creative, like Minnesota inverting red and green on their inaugural white jersey and Columbus flipping red and blue on their inaugural dark jersey. 

I also question if this is anything more than a one-time gimmick line to launch the program and then we'll be seeing more "normal" alternates being used in the fourth jersey slot instead of these inverted jerseys.

love all the speculation in here.

12 minutes ago, MEANS said:

love all the speculation in here.

Means watching this thread, knowing exactly what happens next
Get Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 hours ago, alecgoff said:

If this is correct, this would be my best guess on the design, but just on the modern template instead of the old CCM ones.

dfgdfgdffgdfgd.png

If that's the case, the Kings have to breakout the Burger King. The easiest recolor would be to make the base black, but that might not provide enough contrast. So maybe they opt for a gray base with the sash being black to white or black to purple?

Part of me is expecting the Kings to just do a grey version of their 90's set, but I would love them to do a purple version of this jersey instead;

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Part of me is expecting the Kings to just do a grey version of their 90's set, but I would love them to do a purple version of this jersey instead;

spacer.png

So this without the weird collar? And purple socks.

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

So this without the weird collar? And purple socks.

spacer.png

Actually, I would love to see the Kings do a white version with silver and black of their 80's home yellow-golds. The classic crown would look amazing in black and silver.

6 hours ago, alecgoff said:

dfgdfgdffgdfgd.png

Somehow this doesn't look as bad as the original when its on the orange base. Looks more like a Disney fashion jersey or sweatshirt than something that should be worn on the ice, but for like 2 games a year? I'll allow it.

I am hoping we get a white version of the Oilers 3rd jersey from the 2000's

EETRihSUwAAgYvN.jpg

Not going to lie, but would be hella excited if the Canucks could somehow make a white version of this

9798score-alexandermogilny.jpg

If we get a four jersey system and the Kings STILL don't have any purple to be found, I'll be very disappointed.

I know Lou is pretty traditional, but if he gives the Isles the green light for this recolor, I will be a really pleased Islanders fan!

sdcsdcscdcs.png

Starting to think that my upcoming NHL series should maybe include a 5th spot for these recolored things ...