2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

55 minutes ago, Bmac said:

If we get a four jersey system and the Kings STILL don't have any purple to be found, I'll be very disappointed.

I would think a purple version of their 2000's white jersey would be perfect, honestly. The shield one is based on the dark jersey, not the white one, and the silver in the striping on the away is nice. Keeps the black and silver but also gives the purple back, like a lot of people want. It's the only era of the franchise they haven't thrown back to yet, as well.

I severely doubt they do the Burger King, and just using the black version of their 90's set would be lame. 😛 

spacer.png

But this design with purple as the primary color? Oooh. I'd be all over it as an alt.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kw11333 said:

Not going to lie, but would be hella excited if the Canucks could somehow make a white version of this

9798score-alexandermogilny.jpg

I think they can do it with the current colours.  The yellow fade wouldn't really work on a white jersey. Really would like to see a green jersey, though.

22 hours ago, alecgoff said:

I know Lou is pretty traditional, but if he gives the Isles the green light for this recolor, I will be a really pleased Islanders fan!

sdcsdcscdcs.png

Shut up and take my money!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, alecgoff said:

I know Lou is pretty traditional, but if he gives the Isles the green light for this recolor, I will be a really pleased Islanders fan!

sdcsdcscdcs.png

It's not horrible.  If you take off the wavy yoke, I think it would look a lot better.

14 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I would think a purple version of their 2000's white jersey would be perfect, honestly. The shield one is based on the dark jersey, not the white one, and the silver in the striping on the away is nice. Keeps the black and silver but also gives the purple back, like a lot of people want. It's the only era of the franchise they haven't thrown back to yet, as well.

I severely doubt they do the Burger King, and just using the black version of their 90's set would be lame. 😛 

spacer.png

But this design with purple as the primary color? Oooh. I'd be all over it as an alt.

Such a beautiful jersey minus the script. One of my all time fav’s. It’s a shame there isn’t a purple NHL team anymore.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:24 AM, Ridleylash said:

Just flipping blue and orange on the current set is a bit of a cop out when a bunch of other teams are bringing entirely new designs onto the Adidas template and swapping their colors. And with how much merch they have with the Fisherman logo, it seems like it'd be the obvious choice for this kind of jersey program.

Well, as much as I'd love to see the Fisherman return in some form, IIRC Montreal is indeed doing exactly that for their 4th, just swapping their colours; and given how traditionalist the Isles' boss is known for being? Don't entirely rule the possibility out.

http://sinbin.vegas/first-look-vegas-golden-knights-reverse-retro-4th-jersey/

Looks like we may have a look at Vegas' Reverse Retro...and we may know why the star logo wasn't on the front of the gold third;

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is also a very clever way of skirting the problem of the Knights having no throwbacks to reverse; it's a Vegas Thunder fauxback;

spacer.png

1 minute ago, squamfan said:

these reverse retors are going to be horriable, why cant they just have simple throwback and fauback jerseys

Maybe, but I'll be honest, I'm kind of enjoying them. It's cool to have almost every team roll out a new jersey. That doesn't mean the jerseys will look good, but at least its fun. And they are only wearing them a couple times next year.

20 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Maybe, but I'll be honest, I'm kind of enjoying them. It's cool to have almost every team roll out a new jersey. That doesn't mean the jerseys will look good, but at least its fun. And they are only wearing them a couple times next year.

Agreed. And I feel it's better than the color rush program in the NFL just because of the fact that NHL plays way more games. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

You probably don't watch the NBA, huh?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

That Knights secondary logo doesn't belong on the front of a sweater.

Regarding the reverse retro program as a whole, it has the potential to be fun and I'm excited to see other designs come out but I fear that colour swaps will make things just look off. Based on the Flyers and Penguins leaks, they just don't look quite right because the colours aren't how they should be. Yellow takes a backseat to black on the Penguins jersey and then the black shoulders on the Flyers just looks like an improper use of a filling tool rather than a jersey inspired by something from the past.

17 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

You mean like this?

ngcb16

I saw, I came, I left.

37 minutes ago, kimball said:

You probably don't watch the NBA, huh?

As long as these are only worn for a few regular season games, a program like this is fine. 

I recognize that there's a slippery slope where someone ends up looking completely ridiculous in a Stanley Cup Final, but there hasn't been any indication of that so far

The difference is the NHL is sticking with team colors and designs, the NBA is all over the place in terms of sticking with a team's palette and design conventions. This fourth jersey program is fine, but I think we're seeing why certain jerseys haven't happened until now.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

http://sinbin.vegas/first-look-vegas-golden-knights-reverse-retro-4th-jersey/

Looks like we may have a look at Vegas' Reverse Retro...and we may know why the star logo wasn't on the front of the gold third;

spacer.png

spacer.png

This jersey really shows how Vegas employs a remarkably odd mix of colors. There's a reason why red is used as an accent color on their normal sets.

Rumor is that the Kings uniform is going to be purple (forum blue) and gold. It could include a new new logo based on the original primary logos that weren't used on any uniforms plus the new wordmark. I'm still leaning towards it being a recolor of the Gretzky Set similar to a concept I posted on here last year.

Spoiler

spacer.png

It's all detailed in an article from Kings insider John Hoven who's broken news about the previous Stadium Series and 50th anniversary uniforms in the past.

https://t.co/0nOWnGMYrU?amp=1

Archived