2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

18 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This jersey really shows how Vegas employs a remarkably odd mix of colors. There's a reason why red is used as an accent color on their normal sets.

When the gold jerseys were released the two most common complaints I saw online were "it should have been red, not gold", and "the star logo should be on the front". This jersey solves both of these issues, so I'm sure fans who hate the gold jerseys will eat this up.

Personally I give them credit for being the 123rd Big 4 franchise and being able to come up with an original colour scheme, and being able to make it work for the most part.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, the admiral said:

1976 teal Seals sweaters with a "ʃ harks" script!

Seals.jpg

Again with the what-ifs, but it would have been cool if the Sharks and the North Stars had been able to sustain a rivalry based on the de-merge.

I willed it into being.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sending you a fruit basket.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just now, Point1 said:

I really hope the NHL doesn't become the NBA where every team has 9 jerseys that look wildly different from one another.

I mean, like I said before, this is a fourth jersey, using team colors, that references a throwback look the team has had. It's a little out-there, sure, but it's not nearly as bad as the NBA, where City jerseys use random colors and designs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

48 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

When the gold jerseys were released the two most common complaints I saw online were "it should have been red, not gold", and "the star logo should be on the front". This jersey solves both of these issues, so I'm sure fans who hate the gold jerseys will eat this up.

Personally I give them credit for being the 123rd Big 4 franchise and being able to come up with an original colour scheme, and being able to make it work for the most part.

For the most part, I agree with this. I think Vegas has a unique look, which is hard to do. But using red in anything but small doses turns it into something else. That shade, alongside dark gray and gold, is simply not appealing to the eye. 

FWIW, the gold jerseys are also horrendous. With that color scheme, I can only see using white, gray or black as the base color. 

As far as logos, I love the star logo and think it works fine as the crest of an alternate jersey. Just not a red jersey. 

I have a connection with the Preds' office. The guy is known for only batting about .500 on things like this (so in the "take it with a grain of salt" category). He said that Nashville is going with a navy heavy alternate, pulling heavily from the 09-11 alt. If true, I'm interested.

I'm hearing other rumors that it's going to be a home riff on their WC jersey, which I have a feeling is probably the more likely outcome.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 minute ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I have a connection with the Preds' office. The guy is known for only batting about .500 on things like this (so in the "take it with a grain of salt" category). He said that Nashville is going with a navy heavy alternate, pulling heavily from the 09-11 alt. If true, I'm interested.

I'm hearing other rumors that it's going to be a home riff on their WC jersey, which I have a feeling is probably the more likely outcome.

Weren't the Preds trying for a navy alt last season, too, but scuttled it to keep focus on the WC jersey? Wouldn't surprise me if they're going to lean there for the inversion gimmick.

6 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Seems like the home riff on the WC might be a regular alternate (3rd)? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Weren't the Preds trying for a navy alt last season, too, but scuttled it to keep focus on the WC jersey? Wouldn't surprise me if they're going to lean there for the inversion gimmick.

That was the word I was hearing. They could be trying to go that way with this incentive. It might be the option most likely to garner the most revenue, being a completely different thing from the WC one. On the other hand the WC jersey was really popular within the fanbase, so who knows?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived