squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

34 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Seems like the home riff on the WC might be a regular alternate (3rd)? 

Before this initiative was announced, I was hearing that a version that just swapped the navy and white was in the works for a new alternate. Was/is there any truth to it? Who knows, but I was hearing it a lot.

3 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

No idea how true this is/may be, but it’s interesting to say the least.

😍😍😍😍😍 Love those colors!

I’m loving this reverse retro series, interested to see how it plays out for the stars. They have a lot of options, however the north stars might be off limits. That just leaves the cup winning jerseys, the black and white ones or the “Dallas” arched across the chest jersey. Unless this is a way to reintroduce the mooterus...

1 minute ago, Krz said:

I’m loving this reverse retro series, interested to see how it plays out for the stars. They have a lot of options, however the north stars might be off limits.

All signs are pointing to the Wild doing a North Stars fauxback for their Winter Classic, so that's likely off the table, yeah. I could see a black or gold star-cut working out for Dallas' Reverse Retro.

1 hour ago, mcj882000 said:

For whatever it's worth, don't get your hopes up about the Sharks' new 4th jersey just yet: 

I thought the sleeves looked way too thin for a modern hockey fit

Anyone know if this reverse retro series will feature colour vs. colour matchups? If it's meant for rivalry games and we've seen a white Pens jersey and an orange Flyers one, I can't help but think that half of what's yet to be unveiled will be white.

11 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

All signs are pointing to the Wild doing a North Stars fauxback for their Winter Classic, so that's likely off the table, yeah. I could see a black or gold star-cut working out for Dallas' Reverse Retro.

Is this true? I know that there are lots of fans that would love to see a North Stars style, but I haven’t heard anything about the design yet. I mean going even farther back to a team like the St. Paul AC or the Millers makes a lot of sense to me. 

A St. Paul AC vs. St. Louis Eagles fauxbacks sounds like a great matchup to me. 

11 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

If the Wild wanna go old school, they should bring back some Fighting saints unis from the WHA

They are the Minnesota Wild after all, not the Minneapolis Wild

What kind of puddinghead would throw back to the arched Dallas sweaters? Why would you want to remember when the franchise was virtually in hibernation?

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

What kind of puddinghead would throw back to the arched Dallas sweaters? Why would you want to remember when the franchise was virtually in hibernation?

It's also so :censored:ing boring, visually. A green version of that would just be like 99% green, 1% every other color, and no thanks on that. A black or gold star-cut jersey seems infinitely more likely than those.

7 hours ago, Point1 said:

I really hope the NHL doesn't become the NBA where every team has 9 jerseys that look wildly different from one another. 

If it does, My head will........img GIF

3 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Anyone know if this reverse retro series will feature colour vs. colour matchups? If it's meant for rivalry games and we've seen a white Pens jersey and an orange Flyers one, I can't help but think that half of what's yet to be unveiled will be white.

This is actually a good point. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the Preds lean into the road white version of the checker alternate. They only ever produced them for players to wear and then be auctioned off at charity events. The fanbase would go nuts for those. Heck, it'd be cool to see a lot of the teams lean into "road" versions of iconic alternates that were only ever produced in a "home" version.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

This is actually a good point. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the Preds lean into the road white version of the checker alternate. They only ever produced them for players to wear and then be auctioned off at charity events. The fanbase would go nuts for those. Heck, it'd be cool to see a lot of the teams lean into "road" versions of iconic alternates that were only ever produced in a "home" version.

spacer.png

I still think that those Preds navy alts were on the short list (of an already pretty short list) of best uniforms the team has worn. 

Since these are intended for rivalry games, and the Oilers' WHA-inspired white Reverse Retro has already leaked, now I'm left wondering if the Flames are gonna have a red & white Calgary Cowboys-inspired jersey to go with it...

11 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Since these are intended for rivalry games, and the Oilers' WHA-inspired white Reverse Retro has already leaked, now I'm left wondering if the Flames are gonna have a red & white Calgary Cowboys-inspired jersey to go with it...

If it was just based on everything discussed in this thread, we're in for a black pedestal jersey with Blasty on the front.

A blue preds jersey would be awesome. Honestly, I'd like to see them go back to navy as the home color and yellow as the third jersey color.