2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

That would be nice 

On 10/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, TheLAKnight said:

Rumor is that the Kings uniform is going to be purple (forum blue) and gold. It could include a new new logo based on the original primary logos that weren't used on any uniforms plus the new wordmark. I'm still leaning towards it being a recolor of the Gretzky Set similar to a concept I posted on here last year.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

This is the reverse retro I'd like to see ,(or a variation of it)...

spacer.png

Damn! I wouldn't lie this jersey looks fantastic.

What about Canucks, what would you say about "Flying V" in current colors? Something like this (kudos to author of this concept):

spacer.png

4r2eer.png

44 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Is this the rumored jersey? It's the only blue jersey they've ever had:

13437c74cc8638e2e75a88df7b4813a4.jpg

The Spokane jersey MP just posted is pretty much exactly what the Habs' Reverse Retro is supposed to be; their normal home kit with blue and red swapped.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Damn! I wouldn't lie this jersey looks fantastic.

What about Canucks, what would you say about "Flying V" in current colors? Something like this (kudos to author of this concept):

spacer.png

Didn't you know, Halloween has been cancelled.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, Webhamster said:

Trying to come up with candidates for Ottawa in this program and I can come up with 3 things from their history that they *might* do...

Or a white version with the "toga" in red or black.

88411984_614.jpg

¡SALSA!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Somehow, I imagine that the Canucks would sooner do a navy/maroon/blue Skate or even a blue/green/white 2000's uniform than touch the Flying V's again. We only saw them last season because it was the 50th anniversary of the franchise, which meant a grand celebration.

The Flying V is butt-ugly, no matter which color scheme you try to slap onto it. There's a reason it's widely regarded as one of the biggest jersey blunders of all time, remember. The Fisherman and Wild Wing at least follow the general design philosophy of hockey jerseys, the Flying V relegates the team's actual logo to the shoulders and puts the TV numbers down by the goddamned wrists.

55 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I've never celebrated Halloween. Anyway "Flying V" is a most flexible jersey Canucks ever had to re-colorize it so it's an easy choice for adidas to make it an "Reverse retro".

Being flexible is fine, but it's still got to look good.  If you like it, great.  But, for me, the flying v in any colours is terrible.  It's not even in the "it's so bad, it's good" territory.  

ElUq6OB.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Somehow, I imagine that the Canucks would sooner do a navy/maroon/blue Skate or even a blue/green/white 2000's uniform than touch the Flying V's again. We only saw them last season because it was the 50th anniversary of the franchise, which meant a grand celebration.

I gotta disagree. Considering the amount of merch in the team store geared around or at least incorporating the flying v, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went back to it in some capacity for a one off Jersey like this.

Archived