2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

From what we are seeing from Adidas lately, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a design that seems to be cool, but it will be relatively underwhelming and disappointing once it's revealed. It's probably going to be more along the lines of a super plain black jersey with some single color trim and some weird striping or sublimated detail.

I mean, it's the Stars who decide what the design is like, ultimately. Adidas just does what the client desires them to do.

I can't imagine it'll be a "stealth" jersey, since Dallas doesn't seem to have the same fear of hem striping as SJ does. It'll likely just be a black third, either of their current design ala what the Blackhawks used to do, or a Reverse Retro of the star design, maybe with the skyline of Dallas inside the neckline. It's supposedly polarizing, but looking at Dallas' track record since the rebrand, I doubt it'll be necessarily ugly.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

I drew up this concept shortly after the rebrand was announced. Perhaps it is a bit much with the italicized + beveled name/numbers, but I think the logo itself works really well on a black jersey. spacer.png

This is great! the numbers really bring the entire jersey together. 

44 minutes ago, 29texan said:

"The admiral"... is that supposed to mean something? 

(I'm legitimately asking, not being sarcastic) 

The poster that made the post is named "the admiral", he's known for cracking jokes, usually at the expense of whoever the subject is.

the user formerly known as cdclt

23 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

this should be their logo

The gold and green on black is miles better than what they have now. It looks so good. Gold is just so much more effective than silver for the Stars. And a black jersey reminds me of the night sky - the stars logo pops off them really well. Wearing a green jersey just feels less cool to me. Plus I have never warmed to that colour green either - it's too much for my eyes.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 hours ago, scouserduke said:

I drew up this concept shortly after the rebrand was announced. Perhaps it is a bit much with the italicized + beveled name/numbers, but I think the logo itself works really well on a black jersey. spacer.png

That's pretty cool - probably one of the best Stars jersey concepts I've seen using the new logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

8 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Glad the collar isn't going to be annoying.

I'm hyped.

Your statement is both hilarious and sad.  I can't believe the least important part of the jersey has become a talking point.  I wish more teams would just switch the collars to a single colour, using only the thinner part, especially teams that are already using a single colour like the Red Wings, Leafs, and Canucks.

6 hours ago, Krz said:

I think it would be cool if the hem stripe as just the skyline

I fear this is what they might try based on their teaser.  It could work, depending how they pull it off, though I doubt it.  But, since these jerseys are based off a previous jersey, it's unlikely they will put the city skyline anywhere but inside the collar.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, M4One said:

I don't know, but Dallas with their city skyline teaser worries me a bit.  Any ways, I would like to see Dallas come out with a green version of this uniform if they are going to continue this in the futue.

spacer.png

Dallas skyline scares me too. Remember these?Mavericks introduce new alternate jerseys with Dallas skyline for the  2015-16 season - Mavs Moneyball

57 minutes ago, M4One said:

Your statement is both hilarious and sad.  I can't believe the least important part of the jersey has become a talking point.  I wish more teams would just switch the collars to a single colour, using only the thinner part, especially teams that are already using a single colour like the Red Wings, Leafs, and Canucks.

My statement is hilarious and sad, yet the next words out of your mouth are that you agree with me that the single color collar is the right move?

This website has gotten so strange in recent years.

29 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

My statement is hilarious and sad, yet the next words out of your mouth are that you agree with me that the single color collar is the right move?

This website has gotten so strange in recent years.

I wasn't taking a shot at you personally, if that's what you're thinking.  I was actually taking a shot at Adidas' stupid collar, but I guess it didn't come off that way for you.  My point was how stupid the collars are that when there's no stupid collar, we rejoice.

1 hour ago, kw11333 said:

Has anyone even confirmed it's their reverse retro? It could just be their 3rd jersey

danny devito wow GIF by QuickBooks

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived