2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

What if their 3rd jersey is the reverse retro all along and we just didn't notice earlier?

That can't be the case, because Vegas has already revealed their gold 3rd jersey and we've seen what their red Reverse Retro looks like.

ExJworW.png

Some teams probably had third jerseys planned for release this offseason, regardless of everything getting delayed by Covid. It's possible the Reverse Retros weren't meant to be unveiled until close to the start of the season, or a ways into it. (Similar to how there would always be one or two teams that never unveiled their's until US Thanksgiving.)

This Stars jersey coming out tomorrow is likely a new third jersey.  A Reverse Retro of their's is likely coming much later.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

9 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

can't quite tell if those are B&W images of black/green-only details or if those details are actually white. looks like a multiple-line design detail will be somewhere, but not sure where. intriguing.

Looks like black numbers outlined in green (assuming the lighter color in the vid is green) on a black jersey. Looks like the logo (flipped on it side, shown at :07-:08) will be just black and green as well

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, PlayGloria said:

Another black jersey huh? Attention major sports leagues: I am really really bored with the black stealthy alternate uniforms. It would be great if you would just stop. Thank you.

What is Dallas supposed to do? Their colors are green, white and black. They have 2 green jerseys (counting the WC jersey) and a white jersey. It's the next logical jump. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, colinturner95 said:

What is Dallas supposed to do? Their colors are green, white and black. They have 2 green jerseys (counting the WC jersey) and a white jersey. It's the next logical jump. 

A pink jersey, of course. Really go out to left field. 😜

Based on the new teaser video, it looks like they only perforated sections of the numbers, to give the illusion to appear beveled with the white or silver layer under it bleeding through. This is made more evident by the brief glimpse if the main logo itself, with the perforations pretty much lining up with where the bevels are in the logo.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

8 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Another black jersey huh? Attention major sports leagues: I am really really bored with the black stealthy alternate uniforms. It would be great if you would just stop. Thank you.

you'd have really hated the late 90's/early 2000's.

It was something like 22/23 NHL teams with black or navy jerseys and 6/9 in the CFL

22 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

you'd have really hated the late 90's/early 2000's.

It was something like 22/23 NHL teams with black or navy jerseys and 6/9 in the CFL

I did. Navy and black just dull things down so much. 

33 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

They could just use the WC jersey. It's stellar.  Black is a pretty minor color on their palate. No one is forcing them to churn out a black alt. But it feels like they are just following suit with all of the other black sweaters in the NHL now. 

16 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

They could just use the WC jersey. It's stellar.  Black is a pretty minor color on their palate. No one is forcing them to churn out a black alt. But it feels like they are just following suit with all of the other black sweaters in the NHL now. 

I mean, black was the main color of their home jersey until 1999, was co-dominant on the star cuts, then came back to dominance from 2007 to 2013. It's been the dominant color for roughly half of the team's existence in Dallas. Hell, green is just an outline on their logo; it's dominantly black and white.

It's not like this is friggin' BFBS, black has been dominant on Dallas jerseys before. What's the problem with them having a black alt when they have a green jersey now? Especially since the amount of teams using black as a primary color on their normal set is minimal nowadays (really just the Sens, Pens and Kings). Black jerseys sell, so obviously they'll want to have a jersey that sells well to help recoup losses.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, black was the main color of their home jersey until 1999, was co-dominant on the star cuts, then came back to dominance from 2007 to 2013. It's been the dominant color for roughly half of the team's existence in Dallas. Hell, green is just an outline on their logo; it's dominantly black and white.

It's not like this is friggin' BFBS, black has been dominant on Dallas jerseys before. What's the problem with them having a black alt when they have a green jersey now? Especially since the amount of teams using black as a primary color on their normal set is minimal nowadays (really just the Sens, Pens and Kings). Black jerseys sell, so obviously they'll want to have a jersey that sells well to help recoup losses.

Trust me, I get what you are saying. It just bores me. We've seen this song and dance from multiple teams now in multiple leagues.

Plus, there is a reason they steered away from the black-dominant jerseys of the past. They are boring and dull. And I fully expect this to be either underwhelming or tacky as well.

9 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Trust me, I get what you are saying. It just bores me. We've seen this song and dance from multiple teams now in multiple leagues.

Plus, there is a reason they steered away from the black-dominant jerseys of the past. They are boring and dull. And I fully expect this to be either underwhelming or tacky as well.

Well good thing it's only a third jersey then. It's the point to use alternate colours.

7 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

If it's a league wide program, I assume they'll all be unveiled either on the same day or within a few days in November. (kinda like the original adidas reveal in 2017). 3rd jerseys are more at a team's whim. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If it's a league wide program, I assume they'll all be unveiled either on the same day or within a few days in November. (kinda like the original adidas reveal in 2017). 3rd jerseys are more at a team's whim. 

I don't get the slight backlash. The average NHL team wears the least amount of jerseys in the big 4.  NFL teams only play 16 games, and several have a 4 jersey rotation.

Yes, the NBA takes it WAY TOO FAR, but I doubt the NHL is going to accidentally do that. They didn't even allow the Flames to go full retro during the playoffs

Archived