2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Come and Take It" is an ill-advised motto weeks after the Lightning did precisely that. Now I'll probably find out that those were the last words of some support-staff guy who just died and everyone will get mad at me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

It seems so random for the Stars to go with Lime. They've already got a great shade of green, why not use that?

I think their shade of green doesn't contrast well enough with black to be legible from far away. I was playing around with a concept idea and came across that situation. Glad to hear it will be a brighter shade of green. Now to figure out where that "multiple parallel lines" detail will be...

EDIT: "Come And Take It" is from here:

ratio3x2_1200.jpg

Story: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/Texas-revolution-Come-and-Take-It-flag-Gonzales-13275757.php

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Saw this on Twitter, so I put together this mockup...

Reveal hidden contents

It's not at all the direction I wanted them to go, though it's definitely growing on me.

I think the alt will contain a neon green outline of the Dallas skyline on the jersey somewhere.

Looking at how they've teased it in that video teaser, I don't think they included the skyline for nothing. It's gotta have meaning.

The Mavericks use it, I could see the Stars join in to make that a part of their city-wide identity.

Wholesale_Cheap_Nike_NBA_Dallas_Maverick

On 10/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, ColeJ said:

Glad the collar isn't going to be annoying.

I'm hyped.

Looking at some other mockups, I think they have us tricked. Looks like the thin line pattern might be on the back/top half of the collar, along with the green trim. I think the reason  they only showed the bottom of the collar is because there’s a main design feature at the top...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

17 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Saw this on Twitter, so I put together this mockup...

Reveal hidden contents

It's not at all the direction I wanted them to go, though it's definitely growing on me.

PHEW. For a while there I was worried we had a Texas team without the state of Texas front and center. How else would we know where they're from?

13 hours ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

It seems so random for the Stars to go with Lime. They've already got a great shade of green, why not use that?

Yeah, when I read that description this is the first thing that came to mind:

spacer.png

I'm sure they won't be this bad, but it sounds like the numbers will be similar.

9 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yeah, when I read that description this is the first thing that came to mind:

spacer.png

I'm sure they won't be this bad, but it sounds like the numbers will be similar.

Wondering if it is just the current shade but it lime was just the description used. 

Jersey shown on left side of Dallas Stars' website... @ldconceptswas very very close

https://www.nhl.com/stars

Black/lime green logo with lime green Texas outline, two lime green stripes on torso and sleeves, black pants, two lime green stripes on the socks. Kind of look like black and lime green fire fighter uniforms for a Tron world. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

so it's glow-in-the-dark?  The teasers icethetics had were black and white which make it seem like it's glow-in-the-dark material.  Unless they had just edited the photos.  I wonder how it will look during a game.  I'm guessing just black and white which is kind of boring.  It's hard to tell from the lighting but i guess i'm wrong. 

Ian Malcolm GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

neat new approach and I can appreciate trying something new, but i dunno... kinda meh for me.

The parts i do like are the beveling effect with the holes in the numbers and the star on the collar.

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

Not glow-in-the-dark; there's just green lighting. I'd bet it's the shade they're using on their site right now.

yeah, i was basing off of the teasers on icethetics which must have been just black and white images.  

Archived