2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost want to say I hate that they went with the state outline, and I only hate that logo because of how unbalanced and bottom heavy it is. But the more I look at it, the more I think this jersey might be too plain without it? Or maybe just the regular D-Star but with a lime green outline would've worked. I dunno.

The lime green on black looks sharp. I like it, despite my nitpick with the logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

6 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Worse than the Oilers alt and I hate the Oilers alt.

It does remind me a lot of the route the Oilers took: simplify to a dark and neon color, two-stripe scheme, etc. It just seems so... generic. It's not the worst thing I've seen, but there are so many better routes they could have taken with a black jersey. We've seen neon green used for Dallas team uniforms for so long now that its become tiring (looking at you Mavs and Wings). Let's be honest though, it could be much worse.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I like these more than I thought I would, I will say I feel like stripping is too thick compared to the logo amd numbers. Honestly I think the thin lines almost like collar would've worked. Maybe just go super simple like their first edge uniforms. 

Just now, bowld said:

Only thing I like about it is the use of the dots inside the numbers to create a bevel effect-

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Is it just me, or does the bottom stripe on the hem look thicker than the top? If so, then that is a major discrepancy between the hem and sleeve striping.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Just now, bowld said:

Only thing I like about it is the use of the dots inside the numbers to create a bevel effect-

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Inspiration board:

617x1IEKhuL._AC_SX425_.jpg

xbox-splintercedll__69742.1553044991.jpg

e856e9aefaeb1571d49c5e49c9cc7895.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Is it just me, or does the bottom stripe on the hem look thicker than the top? If so, then that is a major discrepancy between the hem and sleeve striping.

Same striping thickness as the regular jersey. 

Stars 'not going to panic' after Game 3 loss in Cup Final

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Holy crap. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I love it.

They managed to do something very modern within the boundaries of an otherwise traditional sweater design. They have very clear inspiration and a reason for the theme (nighttime view of the Dallas skyline). The number treatment is still quite readable and the beveling treatment looks like the skyline lights reflected off of skyscraper windows, which is really cool. I should be opposed to them using a whole other green than thier primary, but I also don’t think the concept could have been pulled off without it. Finally, as the only team in Texas, it’s good for them to have a sweater with the Texas outline logo and it looks good to me here. 

Honestly, the only thing I don’t like about it is the awkward placement of the Captain’s patch, but that’s really it. 

This isn’t normally the kind of uniform I’m fond of, but I really think Dallas pulled it off. I’m a fan.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Dallas Stars Reveal New “Blackout” Third Uniform

October 28, 2020 - 16:09 PM

Everyone stay calm… the City of Dallas is experiencing a “blackout”… or they just unveiled a brand new hockey uniform! Referring to it as their new “Blackout” uniform, the Dallas Stars this morning revealed the club’s brand new alternate / third uniform, an all-black design highlighted (literally?) by neon “Skyline”

Read More...

It’s ok. Honestly the only thing that quasi-saves it to me is that it mimics the equally garish skyline, and I’m a sucker for the little local tie ins. It’s interesting to see them doing something with the Adidas perforated numbers as a design element. 

Archived