squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

10 minutes ago, RichardWitham said:

i'm not a stars fan at ALL. but i love this jersey. will look good losing to the sharks next year

Bold to assume the Sharks will be doing any amount of stomping on the Stars lmao, history has been decidedly one-sided in terms of that matchup

ff_3252802-e8808ad9b69f4faf200falt1_fullff_3503623-76cd0c4b51e933f7dee2alt1_full

ff_3394648-6a9ea145a1c34076f9e9alt1_full

stars-jersey.jpg

Are blackout jerseys to 2020 what baby blue and roundels were to the late-2000s?

20 minutes ago, M4One said:

Okay.  Now that you mention it, I can see how it could be the flag.  Clever.  But, what they really should have done was have the regular Texas flag as a shoulder patch on one side and the American flag on the other.  

Calgary has shown us that might be an unpopular move.

I wanna hate the stars jersey cause neon green isn’t a team color, but I have a soft spot for neon for some reason. I’m conflicted big time here.

19 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Calgary has shown us that might be an unpopular move.

That was the joke.

1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

WTF is that? The bastard child of the pirate parrot and the philly phanatic?

21 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

Who wore it better?

oamNtqe.png

I will hereby refer to these as the MonSTARS Energy jerseys.  

You might want to retract your statement.  Monster might sue you.

23 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

Them or Warner Bros.

True.

f619aa823129b482c75e98648f188eaa.jpg

I was gonna make a Monster Energy drink joke, but someone beat me.

I don't have a strong opinion on them, even though I feel like I should dislike them. They'll look "cool" now and then they'll be forgotten.

The reaction from what I've seen down here is mostly positive... I'd say 60-40 positive, at least. 

Screen_Shot_2020_10_28_at_10.32.19_AM.0. 

I'm not as big on them, but I still like them for what they're referencing (BoA Plaza, downtown Dallas)

29b80f9371829913e472fc3ff9ea0fba.jpg

5 hours ago, scouserduke said:

Who wore it better?

oamNtqe.png

I will hereby refer to these as the MonSTARS Energy jerseys.  

That's free advertising for Monster Energy. I'll be a little bit disappointed if they didn't partnered up with Dallas.

15 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

This picture just makes me realize how perfect their original colour scheme and uniforms were.  Green, black and Gold are all represented in that city-scape...  Almost exclusively if you crop out that pink building.

b1QMmzM.jpg

I never understood the love for this set. The black jersey with a dark green accent always made it kind of empty

9 hours ago, 29texan said:

The reaction from what I've seen down here is mostly positive... I'd say 60-40 positive, at least. 

Screen_Shot_2020_10_28_at_10.32.19_AM.0. 

I'm not as big on them, but I still like them for what they're referencing (BoA Plaza, downtown Dallas)

29b80f9371829913e472fc3ff9ea0fba.jpg

These images confirm something I've been thinking - that green needs to be a little less lime and a little more neon green. It's a tad too far to the yellow side, bringing it over to the green side a little would better match the skyline color.

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I never understood the love for this set. The black jersey with a dark green accent always made it kind of empty

Honestly, I really don't like anything the Stars have put out while in Dallas beside the Winter Classic set, which is amazing. Other than that, I haven't dug anything. Maybe i just compare it to the beauties that were the Minnesota North Stars, but everything they put out is either dull or forced to me. 

15 hours ago, VikWings said:

Those stars jerseys are gorgeous. Black with lime green is an awesome color combination and they did it tastefully with traditional striping.

Also, they'll forever be known as the DX jerseys.

tenor.gif?itemid=10913224

Now i hope Shawn Michaels and Triple H will do the first ceremonial puck drop the first time they'll wear it.