2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Tried concepting that up, and it's...

spacer.png

Well, the victory green would blend a lot more with the black at a distance; they'd be a broadcaster's nightmare. I think that's exactly why they went for a much brighter shade of green; at a distance and blurred, like jerseys often are seen during broadcast, the actual green parts would look basically invisible and make the job of the commentators way harder than necessary. The Sharks' "stealth" jerseys suffer from that very issue; the teal doesn't show up well on broadcast because it's a dark shade on a dark shade.

The victory green seems too dark to work with the idea the team obviously wanted to go for; we may not like it, but the team does. It's obvious they wanted to incorporate the neon lights that the Bank of America Plaza is known for into the jersey in some form, which is clearly the reason for the skyline teaser; and neon green works better for legibility than dark green on black without a good amount of white for contrast.

Thats why you'd add white/silver. Like the stars in the sky.

6 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

They really  should have tried to make those glow in the dark.

Why? Where would a glow in the dark jersey be used to its full potential? In someone's room with the lights out? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why? Where would a glow in the dark jersey be used to its full potential? In someone's room with the lights out? 

235326.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

10 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I never understood the love for this set. The black jersey with a dark green accent always made it kind of empty

I think they were designed to be demoralizing, to make Minnesotans feel like the team was devoid of spirit and had one foot out the door (the other one in the gutter).Then they kept it in Dallas anyway. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I never understood the love for this set. The black jersey with a dark green accent always made it kind of empty

By design; they were made during the time Norm Green was trying to get them out of Minnesota by every possible avenue due to all the controversy coming down on him. Going from the gorgeous but painfully short-lived Cup Finals set to a dull, boring set with all ties to the "North" part of their name removed was basically Norm making an "all location-applicable" jersey set for wherever he finally landed the team. He tried Anaheim and was cockblocked by Disney. Then he got Dallas while still leading Minnesota along that there was ever even a chance the team could stay, pulling the wool over even the league's eyes until it was too late for them to stop anything.

There's a reason Minnesota fans who were around at that time so venomously, vehemently detest Norm. He was a sleazeball, through and through, and had the North Stars fallen under anybody else, they probably stay in Minnesota.

On 10/28/2020 at 7:49 PM, RichardWitham said:

i'm not a stars fan at ALL. but i love this jersey. will look good losing to the sharks next year

The Sharks will be too slow to keep up with the Stars until they remove those orange strips from the sleeves.

4 hours ago, joekono said:

Dallas' best look and clever too:

DALLAS - APRIL 11:  Sergei Zubov #56 of the Dallas Stars passes against the Edmonton Oilers during the first round of the 2003 Stanley Cup playoffs on April 11, 2003 at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. The Stars defeated the Oilers 6-1. (Photo bShop Mike Modano Dallas Stars Holding 1999 Stanley Cup 8x10 Photo -  Overstock - 27279634

Is it, though? They just took an All-Star jersey and had it sewn it up in their colors with their logo on it. Many people love to throw around the “lazy” or “unoriginal” hot take, but this jersey somehow gets a pass from a lot of people.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 10/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, bowld said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe the Stars use this new bevel effect for the numbers of their regular home and road jerseys.

No Light Bright dots, no neon green, just the basic pattern in silver to add some of this design to their plain white numbers. The bevel matches their primary logo.

zj5dnd6jc3w51.jpg

Looks like the Rangers just leaked that not only will they (and most other, if not all, teams) release a Reverse Retro jersey, but a FOURTH jersey as well for the so-called "Power 31 Collection". Any ideas what you think this new series is going to look like?

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Im not a fan of the lazer green Stars jersey. To me it looks gimmicky and quite tacky. In the publicity photos they can make it look as 'cool' as possible, but IRL it won't look that eye catching. It'll just be a dark, bland looking Dallas jersey, a bit like San Jose's is. (maybe the green will pop a bit more than San Jose, sure I'll concede that. But still.)

Also I don't like the Dallas pants logo on the front of a jersey. It's a weird, imbalanced design that looks fine as a supporting mark but not as a main logo. It's just like Carolina sticking a vertical flag pole mess on the front of their black jerseys. Ugly.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Is it, though? They just took an All-Star jersey and had it sewn it up in their colors with their logo on it. Many people love to throw around the “lazy” or “unoriginal” hot take, but this jersey somehow gets a pass from a lot of people.

I don't understand why either. It is very drab to me. The star made it better, but in most pictures, it looks like a black and gold sweater. I liked the initial Dallas sweater more. Maybe it is my nostalgia goggles that I am wearing but I just think it worked better.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I don't understand why either. It is very drab to me. The star made it better, but in most pictures, it looks like a black and gold sweater. I liked the initial Dallas sweater more. Maybe it is my nostalgia goggles that I am wearing but I just think it worked better.

I think it's the fact that it was a unique look that was fitting for a team called the Stars

Archived