2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, youcan'tseeme said:

What if the Avs run with Nordiques colours, and snowflakes in place of the fleur-de-lis?

That looks more like their standard blue than the Nordiques' blue, though; the Nordiques' blue is more vivid than those pants seem to be. Here's a set of vintage Nords pants under similar lighting;

spacer.png

My suspicion is that it's a blue Reverse Retro of one of their original jerseys or their original wordmark third.

Well over 50% of anniversary logos are trash, it's really surprising. Looks like the Sharks one will fall into the same category, which on the contrary, is unsurprising.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, squamfan said:

Canucks will probably end up doing a green jersey like this concept, will only with a green helmet

spacer.png

If it's a reversed retro of the Stick in Rink, it would most likely be and should be the original Stick in Rink with the blue and green inverted from the '72-'78 blue sweaters. Not the current butchered Stick in Rink.

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If it's a reversed retro of the Stick in Rink, it would most likely be and should be the original Stick in Rink with the blue and green inverted from the '72-'78 blue sweaters. Not the current butchered Stick in Rink.

It's not butchered, it just a modern re-working of it. If anything the original stick and rink is the butchered version, lets be honest.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Yeah, the original Stick and Rink is kinda outdated, to be honest. It hasn't quite aged with the same grace as Hartford or Philly's logo's, for example. Really, the Skate hasn't aged all that well, either; it's just associated with '94, so the nostalgia is powerful with it.

This offseason, some key teams have fixed their previously hideous looks - Buffalo, Calgary, and Ottawa. 

What teams does is everyone looking at that need the biggest changes?

Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

1. Washington Capitals - They need to fix this mess. They could really have some of the best looking jerseys in the league, but the items that have been brought over from the last jersey template including the piping need to go. I don't understand what is taking so long.

2. LA Kings - This is a team with some classic looks, but they seem to refuse to acknowledge any of them. I would LOVE the purple to return, but if they insist on black and silver, they need to overhaul this entire team. Terrible logo, boring color scheme. Sad for a team that hasn't always had these issues.

3. Anaheim Ducks - Going retro is probably the answer, but this home and away set is awful. They reinvented the wheel with this set when it didn't need to be done. 

4. Nashville Predators - I'm not even sure where to begin. I don't like any of it. Start over. If you want to use yellow still go for it. But balance it out. And the primary logo aged horribly.

5. Minnesota Wild - See Nashville above.

Sorry to keep the Canucks train going but the topic of their reverse retro got me thinking... if a lot of teams are leaning towards the 90s, I'd like Vancouver to go full 90s with their third jersey in today's colours. This jersey with red replaced by green, yellow replaced by white, and black replaced by blue would be pretty neat.

Canucks23_altonly.png

Archived