2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Given their propensity for throwback alternates, I think this probably means we'll be seeing them bring out a 50's throwback for a third. Which makes sense; they just used a 40's throwback. 

I think it'll be a reverse retro and they're keeping the current alt.

6 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I think it'll be a reverse retro and they're keeping the current alt.

See, I dunno about that. Something like a black Pooh makes more sense as a Reverse Retro because at least some teams are seemingly leaning into their cheesiest jerseys for it and a lot are doing 90's stuff; the Pens and Flyers are both using 90's designs, Vegas is doing a Thunder fauxback, we're seemingly getting a Wild Wing from the Duck and I'd be surprised if the Isles' wasn't a Fisherman of some type; so the Pooh would line up nicely in that trend of "90's stuff".

And I'd imagine Pete would use Reverse Retro if that's what he was referring to.

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

See, I dunno about that. Something like a black Pooh makes more sense as a Reverse Retro because at least some teams are seemingly leaning into their cheesiest jerseys for it and a lot are doing 90's stuff; the Pens and Flyers are both using 90's designs, Vegas is doing a Thunder fauxback and we're seemingly getting a Wild Wing from the Duck and I'd be surprised if the Isles' wasn't a Fisherman of some type. So the Pooh would line up nicely in that trend of "90's stuff".

And I'd imagine Pete would use Reverse Retro if that's what he was referring to.

I hope your right, I think their current alts are pretty lame.

56 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Given their propensity for throwback alternates, I think this probably means we'll be seeing them bring out a 50's throwback for a third. Which makes sense; they just used a 40's throwback. 

If it's a Adidas release of their 2010's Winter classic set i'm all for it 

1 minute ago, njdevs7 said:

The Bruins one is really nice. Also, this is our 3rd leak and all of them are EXACT inverses of retro sweaters, right?

The Pens aren't exact; they don't have the Robopen on the shoulder for their Reverse Retro. But in terms of design, yes.

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

There literally were gold Orr-era jerseys, and they were much better than that concept.

PPCWZTUVKEI6NLVIBY2RTFZ2AY.jpg

Nah, the thick white outline on the numbers bordering the yellow kills that one on arrival for me; it's a pretty blatant disregard of tincture.

Besides, it'd defeat the point of the program to just use those. It's supposed to be throwbacks with a twist, not just normal throwbacks. They can use something like that for whatever Winter Classic the NHL puts them in next. A black version of that would look really similar to their modern darks, which again defeats the point. I think they chose the right option.

As for how it'll actually look in person...probably something like this, if I had to guess;

spacer.png

Archived