2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Hm. Maybe one of the multiple 96's? There are two dark blue 96's one with red numbers and one with white. One might be the Cats.

Yeah the Panthers could be a navy version of the current uni (or with the leaping cat). The yellow numbers seem to be a strong hint towards STL. And the Blues wore the diagonals in 94/95. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

At the risk of someone posting their predictions before this...

From the teaser, we're getting:

Chicago 1940 in black and red

Toronto 1970 in blue and white? with ghosted numbers

Montreal 1977 in blue and red

Minnesota 1978 (North Stars) in white, green, and gold

Carolina 1979 (Hartford) in gray, green, and blue

Colorado 1979 (Quebec) in white, burgundy, and light blue as @CreamSoda pointed out

Edmonton 1979 in white, orange, and navy

Winnipeg 1979 in gray, blue, and white

Islanders 1980 in navy, orange, and white

New Jersey 1982 in green, red, and white

LA 1989 in purple and gold

Boston 1990 in gold and black

Ottawa 1992 in red and black

Anaheim 1995 in white and teal

Philadelphia 1995 in orange and black

St. Louis 1995 in red, blue, and yellow

Vegas 1995 in red and gold

Florida 1996 in navy and red

Rangers 1996 in navy and red

Pittsburgh 1997 in white, gold, and black (the leak suggests more black than gold, so the others are probably off too)

Washington 1997 in red and navy? or that's gray

Arizona? 1998 in purple and sienna??

Calgary 1998 in black and red

Detroit? 1998 in white, gray, and red

Nashville 1998 in gold and navy

San Jose 1998 in gray and teal

Dallas 1999 in white and green

Columbus 2000 in red and navy

Buffalo? 2000 in white and blue

Vancouver 2001 in green and blue

Tampa Bay 2004 in blue and black

Slight edit of my list as Washington is rumored to have a red base, not navy. This shuffles Vegas and Florida into better spots.

For the Dallas '99 guess, which of the templates will it be, then? they switched uniform templates in between the 98-99 and 99-00 seasons. and they had a white jersey in both of those seasons, so how's it going to be a "reverse" if the jersey was already white? just a replacement of the old green (and gold) to be the new green (and maybe black fit in here and there)?

3 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

For the Dallas '99 guess, which of the templates will it be, then? they switched uniform templates in between the 98-99 and 99-00 seasons. and they had a white jersey in both of those seasons, so how it going to be a "reverse" if the jersey was already white? just a replacement of the old green (and gold) to be the new green (and maybe black fit in here and there)?

Given the teaser they posted on Twitter uses the Cup in the background, it's like 99.99999% going to be the star-cut jersey, assumedly in the current Victory Green, black and white colors;

can i throw something out there on the isles? their 1998-2004 navy jerseys are literally a navy version of the 1980 sets, save for an extra outline in the numbers. is it possible they're doing a navy/orange/white version of the 1980 jersey with a different logo (either a recolored lighthouse or fisherman)?

sig2024.png

2 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I must be the only one who thinks Anaheim is the Orange and Purple one? A combination of their 2 looks.

Doubtful. I think Anaheim's the white, eggplant and jade 95. The shade of purple there is very much Kachina shade, not Ducks shade.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:02 AM, mcj882000 said:

Well, as much as I'd love to see the Fisherman return in some form, IIRC Montreal is indeed doing exactly that for their 4th, just swapping their colours; and given how traditionalist the Isles' boss is known for being? Don't entirely rule the possibility out.

Islanders 1980 in navy, orange, and white

Boy, leave it to Boring Lou to look at the options of "teal version of Fisherman" and "orange recolour of their classic jersey" and go with an even less interesting option. "Neither: NAVY!🙄

20 minutes ago, Brian E said:

can i throw something out there on the isles? their 1998-2004 navy jerseys are literally a navy version of the 1980 sets, save for an extra outline in the numbers. is it possible they're doing a navy/orange/white version of the 1980 jersey with a different logo (either a recolored lighthouse or fisherman)?

What we don't know (but we have some clues) is if all the jerseys feature old logos and are just re-colored, or if there are current logos on jerseys in the old colors. So far Pittsburgh and Boston (and perhaps Washington) are all retro logos, with the Flyers logo being unchanged. 

I think if the Fisherman was heavily involved, they would have called it a 95 or 96 jersey. 

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

What we don't know (but we have some clues) is if all the jerseys feature old logos and are just re-colored, or if there are current logos on jerseys in the old colors. So far Pittsburgh and Boston (and perhaps Washington) are all retro logos, with the Flyers logo being unchanged. 

To be fair, the Flyers never have had a different logo, so kinda hard to change it. 😛 

The alleged-Coyotes jersey, I'll point out, also strongly resembles the Phoenix Suns' colour scheme: 
image0.png
Which would be an... interesting route to take, at least. Dunno if I'd call it good though. 

Also, if this is indeed the Flames': 
PzdPLwm.png
It seems to imply, to me at least, they're just bringing back the old "Blasty" alternate without actually changing anything? And given how the theme of this set is taking a retro jersey and playing with it in a fun new way, I have to say, that level of half-arseing things is so in-character for the team I love. Don't strain yourself with all that effort, boys!

11 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Boy, leave it to Boring Lou to look at the options of "teal version of Fisherman" and "orange recolour of their classic jersey" and go with an even less interesting option. "Neither: NAVY!🙄

or ya know, him just reading the room and realizing that most of the fanbase, who weren't 10 years old at the time, hates the stupid Fisherman and the timeframe of the franchise it represents. 

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

or ya know, him just reading the room and realizing that most of the fanbase, who weren't 10 years old at the time, hates the stupid Fisherman and the timeframe of the franchise it represents. 

The Fisherman is at least interestingly bad. "Current Isles jersey but in navy" is just lazy and boring.

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

To be fair, the Flyers never have had a different logo, so kinda hard to change it. 😛 

They had the 2000s chrome logo  😃

Just now, mcj882000 said:

The Fisherman is at least interestingly bad. "Current Isles jersey but in navy" is just lazy and boring.

I wouldn't necessarily assume the "80" navy jersey is the Islanders and not the white, orange, and blue "79" jersey

Archived