2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BrianLion said:

I wouldn't necessarily assume the "80" navy jersey is the Islanders and not the white, orange, and blue "79" jersey

That one's the Oilers, which already leaked & everyone seemed to just forget about.

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

So Canucks going with a green/blue version of this???

spacer.png

Dunno if it's that one specifically. My hunch is that it's a blue and green WCE-era jersey, but of the standard design rather than the alt;

spacer.png

spacer.png

So one of these in the modern colors.

51 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Given the teaser they posted on Twitter uses the Cup in the background, it's like 99.99999% going to be the star-cut jersey, assumedly in the current Victory Green, black and white colors;

That's a teaser for their documentary on the 2020 bubble playoffs, so I would not look to that for clues.

Using the current green is the right call, but I wonder if they'll use any gold.

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Dunno if it's that one specifically. My hunch is that it's a blue and green WCE-era jersey, but of the standard design rather than the alt;

spacer.png

spacer.png

So one of these in the modern colors.

But they only have Green, Blue and White now so one of those wouldnt work with current color scheme. I feel it has to be the gradient 3rd from this set since it only uses 3 colors

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

But they only have Green, Blue and White now so one of those wouldnt work with current color scheme. I feel it has to be the gradient 3rd from this set since it only uses 3 colors

Or they sub a color in to replace the silver.

Just now, Chromatic said:

If the Canucks were going for a blue and green version of the standard WCE Orca, I don't know why it would specify 01 instead of 97, when they were introduced. I also doubt that design would have enough differentiation to warrant it over other options.

The Sabres specify 2000 instead of 1996, which when the Goats debuted; and I can't imagine they're using the butterknife alts.

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Agreed, it's gotta be the gradient. If you piece together other teams/years, it seems as if the year on the teaser indicates the year the given jersey was first introduced. In this case, gradient Canucks came out in 2001.

16 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

I wouldn't necessarily assume the "80" navy jersey is the Islanders and not the white, orange, and blue "79" jersey

The Islanders first won the cup in 1980. The Oilers joined the NHL in 1979. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Agreed, it's gotta be the gradient. If you piece together other teams/years, it seems as if the year on the teaser indicates the year the given jersey was first introduced. In this case, gradient Canucks came out in 2001.

if the canucks go with that stupid orca logo again people are going to lose it. Just go with a blue flying v or a green stick in rink. Dont know why  this team loves the orca

6 minutes ago, squamfan said:

if the canucks go with that stupid orca logo again people are going to lose it. Just go with a blue flying v or a green stick in rink. Dont know why  this team loves the orca

Because it's the best logo the team's had. 😜

In all seriousness, though, let the dead horse rest; we don't need another goddamned tired debate over "CORPORATE Orca"s or "PURE Stick in Rinks" or "NAME FITTING Johnny Canuck" or whatever. They have something that works, can we just move on already?

37 minutes ago, squamfan said:

Is every jersey going to be the same template with that stupid shoulder thing 

Have you seen the leaked jerseys? None of them have the shoulder thing shown in the animation. 

If anyone thinks the 1995 team in red and gold is Ottawa:

I'll say the 1995 red and gold team has to be Vegas...the 1995-96 season was the Las Vegas Thunder's historical best, it went 57-17-0-8...Curtis Joseph was a goalie for a few games.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can't figure out which one is Florida. The only years that would make sense are 1993 (first season), 1998 (introduced alternate)

There are no 93 jerseys

The 1998 ones are Purple/Orange, Black/ Red/Gold, White/Red/Silver, Yellow/Navy, Grey/Teal

The only one that makes sense is the Yellow/Navy but surely that has to be Nashville (who's first season was 98)

2 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I can't figure out which one is Florida. The only years that would make sense are 1993 (first season), 1998 (introduced alternate)

There are no 93 jerseys

The 1998 ones are Purple/Orange, Black/ Red/Gold, White/Red/Silver, Yellow/Navy, Grey/Teal

The only one that makes sense is the Yellow/Navy but surely that has to be Nashville (who's first season was 98)

The navy '96 without silver is probably Florida's.

Archived