2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig the pattern on those Tucson sweaters and wouldn't mind seeing the Coyotes adopt that. Still, the color scheme absolutely needs to be streamlined down to brick, sand, and black. The 1996-2003 palette was too muddy, too much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I dig the pattern on those Tucson sweaters and wouldn't mind seeing the Coyotes adopt that. Still, the color scheme absolutely needs to be streamlined down to brick, sand, and black. The 1996-2003 palette was too muddy, too much.

I think brick red, sand, purple and black would be fine, as well, honestly. Though I'd hazard that if the Coyotes go Kachina, they go full Kachina and not a modified version of it.

Wild are officialy awared for host of Winter Classic 2021. In broadcast (here in Poland) commentators said that according to one of Canadian radio station Jets might be their opponents.

Later they said that also Blues and Avalanche are in race for being a Wild rival.

4r2eer.png

24 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The original Coyotes uniforms were never "good."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

There are many fans of the kachina jerseys. The Coyotes have an oppurtunity to make a good one. Their current jerseys need a change too.

The original Kachina jerseys were pretty good, but also very 90's. They definitely need an update, and needs to have a brighter colors. The black and green doesn't work the best. The teal, black, sand, and red that the D-backs currently use would honestly be a good update. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

22 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The original Kachina jerseys were pretty good, but also very 90's. They definitely need an update, and needs to have a brighter colors. The black and green doesn't work the best. The teal, black, sand, and red that the D-backs currently use would honestly be a good update. 

I was thinking stick with a brick red/redish orange as the main color, and use maybe a gold/sand secondary color and a purple/blue/indigo third color with black as just a trim color, kind of like the arizona flag or the 90s phoenix suns.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like the work @B-mer did.  Rather than red and black, I wondered how it would look substituting orange and green (like their old third jerseys).cEs583l.png

Maybe the color balance isn't quite right, but IMO they should focus on their more unique colors rather than red and black.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:47 PM, Ice_Cap said:

My problem with the Coyotes' originals wasn't the Kachina trim. It was having more colours than a rainbow and too many dark colours altogether. A brick red and sand as the main colors and another accent colour with the Kachina could give Arizona a highly respectable look. I would even favour the full-bodied prowling coyote with the circle backdrop as a primary crest.

I'm glad the Kachina throwback is just a third jersey now. I love the unique design and the creativity of it but I don't care for how the shoulder yol... (I'm kidding I know the difference!) 😛 yoke is dark green on a black jersey. I actually find their current home jersey is decent. I wonder what their current uniforms would look like if kachina striping was added to those.

I agree there are too many dark colours, and I'm particularly not a fan of the purple as well. It's just a bit much.

I do think there's a good way to make it work though, and keep the kachina pattern which is iconic. They just need a bit more contrast with their colour palette and get rid of the dumb moon shoulder patch (I might be in the minority there, but I really don't like it. Doesn't suit the katchina pattern, the old logo, their current logo or anything -- it just looks out of place).

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I like the work @B-mer did.  Rather than red and black, I wondered how it would look substituting orange and green (like their old third jerseys).cEs583l.png

Maybe the color balance isn't quite right, but IMO they should focus on their more unique colors rather than red and black.

How about maroon, sand, black as primary colors with hints of green/purple used in very small amounts? It's an idea I just thought about.

Archived