Tweaks or Changes you Would Make to Improve a Current Uniform (without an overhaul)

simtek34

On 12/28/2019 at 6:43 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

NFL:

Panthers: Drop silver entirely (aside from the helmet) and remove the TV numbers. Only allow S/W/W/Blue and S/B/B/Blue with a S/Blue/W/Blue alternate.

Saints: Darken the gold, and put some stripes on your pants like a dignified team.

Bucs: Change the number font.

Washington: For now, put the spear on the helmet and remove any other instance of the logo.

Ravens: Remove the "B" from the logo.

NBA:

Hornets: Put "Charlotte" on every jersey like the old Hornets did.

Any team with the nickname on the road jerseys: No. Put the city name on the roads.

Heat: Emphasize red over black.

Raptors: Put "Toronto" on at least one the jerseys.

Suns: Literally just change any instance of black to purple.

Clippers: Change the wordmark, replace colors with San Diego colors, everything else is fine.

Lakers: Remove paneling on the purple jersey.

Thunder: Move back to Seattle

Magic: Make blue the dominant color, cowards.

MLB:

Diamondbacks: Either drop teal or embrace it. I pick drop it.

Rockies: Get rid of the black vest and change the font.

Angels: Put "Anaheim" on the road jerseys, and no more red-on-red.

Orioles: Get a "B" cap to go with the "O's" one.

That's all I can think of. There's plenty of teams I'd completely redesign given the chance, like the Falcons, Browns, etc. that I can't fix with one change, but this is what I have.

So something like this and using it on an all black cap?

HSDnjgl.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL:

Boston: Back to gold socks on the homes

Colorado: Helmet, pants and gloves switched to navy

Chicago: Road numbers switched to red with black outline

Dallas: Black outline added to numbers and namebars

Detroit: White collar on the home jersey

San Jose: Add a hem stripe matching the armstripes

Tampa: Thin black piping added around the waist/armstripes

Vancouver: Invert the colours on the road shoulder patch stick-in-rink so they're primarily blue for the white base of the jersey again.

Vegas: Thick black stripe added above the gold stripe on the white road jersey

Also: Fix the collar for everyone.

Forgot to add this one in my very long post.

NFL
Cardinals
- Change facemask from gray to either white or red (gray facemasks only works for traditional-bases uniforms, not modern-based uniforms, unless gray is actually part of the color scheme)

15 hours ago, tohasbo said:

So something like this and using it on an all black cap?

HSDnjgl.png

I want a B on the Orioles' caps, too, but I've never been 100% convinced that that B is the way to go. What about the wrought iron spirally-B on the seats at Camden Yards?

BBC-Seat-Logo.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I’m honestly a fan of less if more for the Orioles. 

kill off the O’s cap and just go with home/away hats. If you want to go down to one, then go with the away full time but not necessary. 

i liked the old all black ST with the cartoon bird. That would go well with the black jerseys in place of the O’s cap. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Eagles:

Remove the drop shadow on the numbers and stick to an outline with one color:

Home greens: White numbers, black outline

Road whites: Green numbers, black outline

Alternate blacks: white numbers, green outline

Also stick to the following pairings:

Green jersey, white pants

White jersey, green pants

Black jersey, white pants

For the Marlins, I agree with whoever said the blue color should become the primary color instead of black.

That said, at minimum they need to fix the black jerseys they have - they're illegible under anything but perfect/ideal lighting conditions.  I don't know if it's a thicker outline or white outline of the logos/words, or if it's making the words/letters blue, but they need a change there.

• 6 months later...

Couldn't agree more regarding the Tigers' classic home sets. Changing the old english D on the jersey, a seemingly small change, is in actuality quite a large one. The wider and bolder logo held its own against the white background of the jersey, something that cannot be said for the current logo. 

Dude you're responding to comments that were made over 7 months ago, or in some cases, a year ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A couple of Bay Area tweaks I'd like to see:

We were just talking about the Brewers on the MLB 2020 thread.  Much as I’d love to do another overhaul, they could really improve their new uniforms with a few small changes. 

spacer.png

I mean, this is such an ugly mess. You have four totally different striping patterns on the four jerseys.

I’d love to change the wordmarks, but presuming that’s off the table there are still small changes that could make a huge difference.

Personally, I’d trade the mid-70s thick sleeve stripes for thinner blue/gold/blue piping like the pants.

spacer.png

And I would either add a headspoon or neck piping, like their 1971 uniforms. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

And then I would add that same piping to the road grays.  They just look unbalanced and unfinished with sleeve but no neck piping.

Id also ditch that stupid ball patch.  It’s just a dark blob.

spacer.png

Four uniforms and you can’t put the new Barrelman on any of them?

The Cardinals have some of the best uniforms in baseball, but they have slowly been chipping away at them for the last 8 years or so with their own tweaks. The new cap logo is great though.

I’d love to see a blue/red cap on the home and road, but maybe that goes beyond a “tweak”. 
Aside from the unnecessary alt uniforms, the thing that bugs me the most about the Cardinals uniforms is the HUGE birds on the front. They “updated” the jerseys To match the print logos a few years ago and the birds and bat got waaay too big, IMO.
spacer.png

I’d keep the current, better rendered birds and bat but I’d reduce them to this size:

spacer.png

I'd like to make more than "tweaks" to the Phillies jerseys (mostly, make the top of the h and is flat, and the bottom of the h flat, and make the stars red again) but here's a really simple one:

Fix how the P overlaps the h.  It makes an already unnatural script look even worse, and it's such an easy change to make.  They're very inconsistent in how they use the overlap.  The have official logos that have it, and official logos that don't.  Make up your stupid minds you dummies.

EDIT: also go back to the pre-2019 style of chainstitching.  The new style looks too machined.  Nearly impossible to tell if you don't know exactly what you're looking for, so I won't try to point out the differences.  The differences are visible in these two photos, but again, most eyes can't tell the difference.

98329a_lg.jpeg  s-l1600.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Overall, I really like the Chargers' rebrand. However, it seems weird to me that the bolt on the navy blue pants and jerseys isn't filled in. To me, it would make sense if it were yellow outlined in white on the jerseys/pants and then yellow outlined in navy blue on the helmet. Maybe I'll like the uniform as is when I see it in action, but for now, that's a tweak I'd make. spacer.png

Jets - Take out black outlines, change facemask to white

Patriots - Silver pants, swap stripe order on away uni

Dolphins - N/A

Bills - Take out navy, make helmet stripe straight

Steelers - Go to block number font

Ravens - Get purple or white socks

Bengals - Oh dear...... too much. Ditch side panels and shoulder yoke primarily

Colts - N/A

Texans - N/A

Jaguars - Teal Jersey white pants become primary look

Titans - Again, too much. Change number font and get rid of sword yoke

Broncos - N/A

Chiefs - N/A

Raiders - N/A

Chargers - TV Numbers

Eagles - Improve number font

Washington - Grey facemask

Giants - N/A

Cowboys - Get rid of black on shoulder stripes

Packers - N/A

Bears - N/A

Lions - Get rid of word mark on shoulders

Vikings - N/A

Saints - Color rush gold, Get rid of mono black & mono white

Falcons - Grey pants

Buccaneers - N/A

Panthers - Ditch claw helmet stripes, make standard

Rams - Get rid of gradients, fix number font

Seahawks - Get rid of stripes on yoke, limit to sleeve

Cardinals - No piping

49ers - N/A

fiowXOD.png

The Portland Timbers started in MLS with neon greenish-yellow as their secondary color. Then they switched that to metallic gold. I've always thought they'd look best somewhere in the middle, more of an athletic gold color.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 12/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, coco1997 said:

Restore the thick white and black pant stripes on the White Sox road uniforms:

Chicago+White+Sox+v+Chicago+Cubs+Mnre2Dc

This.

Add the tuxedo stripe back to the road pants and also put the diamond sock logo back on the road grey jersey.  This was the best uniform set in baseball before they made these two stupid changes.  The Sox had some 24 year old blonde fashion merchandising marketing chick try to tweak the unis, and it was a terrible decision.

Archived