Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

The 2010s: A Look Back at the Best & Worst Logos of the Decade

Were the Marlins the only team to significantly overhaul their identity twice in the 2010s? Not talking about recolours, but completely original logos.

7 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Miami as a city took the biggest hit that decade.

The Dolphins and Marlins....oooof! 

I mean, the dolphins look pretty good right now, and the marlins upgraded with their last rebrand

10 years doesn't seem like a long time...but 2010 seems forever ago when it comes to sports and logos. 

I didn't like the Kings rebrand.  I liked the black, silver and purple combo.
Latest Seahawks and Marlins, yes to both.
I never noticed UNCW until recently, but I love that logo. 

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I mean, the dolphins look pretty good right now, and the marlins upgraded with their last rebrand

I disagree for the most part; though the Dolphins uniforms improved with the recent tweaks and are decent in and of themselves, the belly flop/cruise liner/aquafresh dolphin is a disaster of a logo and still pulls that identity down significantly. And the Marlins somehow managed to roll out an identity with teal and coral red, and STILL look like a black and white team from a distance, with a black jersey that has unreadable numbers and text to make matters worse. Both teams took a really bad hit in my opinion.

10 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I disagree for the most part; though the Dolphins uniforms improved with the recent tweaks and are decent in and of themselves, the belly flop/cruise liner/aquafresh dolphin is a disaster of a logo and still pulls that identity down significantly. And the Marlins somehow managed to roll out an identity with teal and coral red, and STILL look like a black and white team from a distance, with a black jersey that has unreadable numbers and text to make matters worse. Both teams took a really bad hit in my opinion.

Well agree to disagree then, the swimming dolphin logo, is a realistic evolution of the previous cartoonish logo. And the colors look really good. The marlins overall change was an upgrade, a better script, better colors, better logos. The only issue I have with the set is the black uniform which was a good idea in practice but executed horribly

Of course, as you may or may not know, we’ve also been counting and tabulating your ratings for every single logo on the site for about fifteen years now, and for the first time, I took a look at those results over a ten-year span to assemble this All-Decade Team of the top 100 Primary Logos.

I hope you didn't read the comments

Not to be a smart alec, but under the new board rules, shouldn’t this thread be over in the Sports Logo General Discussion board? It surely isn’t news… 

3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Not to be a smart alec, but under the new board rules, shouldn’t this thread be over in the Sports Logo General Discussion board? It surely isn’t news… 

The bot probably defaults to posting on the "News" section of the site. 

Anyway, not surprised at all the Blue Jays were #1. Beautiful rebrand and quite literally the perfect example of modernizing a classic. Not surprised Clippers are worst, and I really hope they improve when they move into their new stadium. Blue and orange are calling, Steve.

For me, I have to mention the Panthers as a very solid, even if it wasn't perfect, update. Modernized everything, didn't downgrade anything. Obviously the Bobcats becoming the Hornets was an upgrade in every single way, although the Hornets' current identity is weak and soulless.

The Crew also made a massive upgrade, as did DC United, the Sac Kings, the Nuggets, Jaguars (in logo only), Predators, and Jets. 

For me, logo of the decade is the new Timberwolves logo. It's a beautiful color scheme, brilliant logo, and a callback to their original logo. Best "new team" logo goes to LAFC. Love the art deco design, and the "winged LA" is an awesome icon that could be used as a primary logo all on its own. Really good stuff.

The Marlins' latest rebrand is a slight downgrade from the previous one but they're both utterly terrible.

The 2010s were not a great decade to be a Marlins fan. Not a single winning season, two major firesales, and a cherished brand identity/color scheme sent to the wastebin. They opened a new ballpark though so that's kind of cool.

19 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Anything the bot posts is news, and don’t call me Shirley.