Thrift Store Gems 2020

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, BryanSmalls said:

The local Burlington Coat Factory occasionally sells New Era '47 MVP adjustable Montreal Expos hats. I picked one up for $8.

In addition, I went to a few Marshalls in Northern VA and Rockville, MD, in which they're selling various Washington Nationals hats for $10. The hats on sale include, but not limited to the 2017 postseason patch on the side panel, the block "W" in the red hat or white hat variety, spring training hats from 2018 and 2019, and 2019 World Series championship hats.

Can confirm lots of Nats hats for $10 at TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the DC area.  I grabbed the one below. 

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ6SuzfJKNrSwtOPE3hPwsYsl0b2bN1CmcKfvKH-bbDsvISbdHc

90758391980.gif

My local Burlington had been at the South end of the mall, but relocated to a standalone store that was formerly a Toys'R'Us.  They reopened on Friday, and I figured I'd go over and see what I could find.  Oddly enough, very little in the way of any local teams yet, but a good chunk of SF Giants stuff, so I'm now the proud owner of a $20 Buster Posey jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, Jeffery said:

I'm looking for a vintage Phoenix Cardinals T-Shirt. Anyone know the best place to find one? Ebay doesn't have many options.

Maybe try Etsy?

Excellent!

On 3/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Can confirm lots of Nats hats for $10 at TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the DC area.  I grabbed the one below. 

Why this one was not kept is beyond me.  I like the curly "W' but this would be far better if it was the main cap for the Nationals

On 3/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

See/know of any in Prince William County? Might grab one after work tomorrow.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, C-Squared said:

Anyone else gong through thrifting withdrawal? :(

I was coming here to post the same thing! I’ve been scouring eBay a little more lately. So far all I’ve purchased is an Eagles chrome mini Riddell and a Bret Hart Calgary Hitmen bobblehead that I’ve been wanting for a while. 

• 1 month later...

With everything still closed here in NY, I thought I'd share a few maildays from the past month or so:

cuFnwSL.jpg

Ur20vdl.jpg

Lo7uCup.jpg

KpbOlmR.jpg

Ob1K2ab.jpg

zTvJWwZ.jpg

Everything in the last pic arrived all at once today! Less than half of what I've bought, these are just the big maildays... still have piles I haven't photographed yet!

On a related note, feel free to follow me on Instagram @carlslocker !!!

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

Everything in the last pic arrived all at once today! Less than half of what I've bought, these are just the big maildays... still have piles I haven't photographed yet!

Quick recommendation to add that to your signature. On desktop, I was looking to click one of your sig links to your IG but it wasn't there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 5/26/2020 at 12:10 PM, C-Squared said:

With everything still closed here in NY, I thought I'd share a few maildays from the past month or so:

cuFnwSL.jpg

Ur20vdl.jpg

Lo7uCup.jpg

KpbOlmR.jpg

Ob1K2ab.jpg

zTvJWwZ.jpg

Is that a Curtis Brown Buffalo jersey? He was my coach when I played youth in SJ. It’s funny to talk to him about his OT goal against the Flyers. Always came off as a “doing what I did best” while he fully knew that scoring was the opposite of what he did best. Really funny guy.

15 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Is that a Curtis Brown Buffalo jersey? He was my coach when I played youth in SJ. It’s funny to talk to him about his OT goal against the Flyers. Always came off as a “doing what I did best” while he fully knew that scoring was the opposite of what he did best. Really funny guy.

Yes it is! He was the very first Sabres player I ever met back in 2000 - by far my favorite hockey player of all time! I always felt that we let Michael Peca sit out during his contract dispute because Brown was secretly better as a two-way center.

Archived