Thrift Store Gems 2020

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2020 at 1:59 AM, AustinFromBoston said:

Found a guy selling these on Ebay,  have no idea how or why they exist but of course I grabbed them. 

s-l1600.jpg

"WORLL SERIES"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Don’t know what level this is. It’s not a lightweight jersey; it’s pretty thick. Also, the patches are sewn on: front logo and the alternates on the sleeves.

Looks like not a jersey.

Sweater patterned after a jersey, but not a jersey itself.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I certainly found... something, at Value Village today: 
U1kEXD6.jpg
Probably just from an old beer league team, but it was too cursed to not pick up - I love dumb stuff like this, and at $15 and my size the temptation was too much. :P

Didn't buy, as they were too small for me, but I was intrigued anyway.  First, the collector's item...

20201207-153559.jpg

20201207-153603.jpg

And now the obligatory Packers thing...

20201207-153645.jpg

20201207-153743.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm going to cheat because I bought something cool yesterday.

fKXjFFZ.jpg?1

0xV1jjH.jpg?1

9VfgMND.jpg?1

I didn't pay "thrift store" prices for it, but I paid a fraction of what it will sell for if it's legitimate. A lot of stuff, especially from toward the end of Pete's career, has some questions surrounding it. It has a Mears authenticated tag, but no paperwork. I'm working on getting that straightened out. We'll see!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived