Buffalo Bills Logo Redesign (Help Needed)

YelichGraphics

Hi folks, it has been a while... like a very long time. Home from my first semester of college I got this idea for a Bills logo that tied more into the roots of Buffalo Bill Cody, the namesake of the team.

When I "finished" the logo, something felt off. The balance just isn't quite right, like the 1960 I snuck in there was empty space before hand but now I feel like it needs a white outline like the rest.

When I do feel like the logo is finished, I will do a uniform set, along with a field design, and maybe consider making this a NFL Redesign thread.

krAFRYH.png

I appreciate the western script, but there's no way a front-facing bison in front of saloon doors (which are closed, how'd they already shut behind him?) would work on the side of a football helmet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I appreciate the western script, but there's no way a front-facing bison in front of saloon doors (which are closed, how'd they already shut behind him?) would work on the side of a football helmet.

You are absolutely correct, tbh my original idea for the helmet was to find a creative way to get the word mark on one side of the helmet and a number on the other side. This I have seen a lot in college football, but have not seen in the NFL in a long time.

8yPj2Ne.jpg

9 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

I think the "LS" hangs too far off the right. Also, since it descends farther than anything before it, the wordmark looks like it's sliding off. 

It is centered, but maybe I can resize the word mark and uncenter it to try and fix that

Thank You!

18 minutes ago, appleclock said:

The cheeks are a bit too wide and rounded and the snout appears to expand from the eyes to the nose when it should probably narrow. It is a tough animal to get right. I struggled to do one myself and had to change it many times before I was satisfied.

I took it right from a reference, but changes can also be made to it as well.

G2TJ8Sd.jpg

2 hours ago, llfhockey said:

I took it right from a reference, but changes can also be made to it as well.

G2TJ8Sd.jpg

Maybe not the saloon doors, but what is more menacing than a 2000lb bison bull staring straight at you, and knowing it could charge at you at any moment!

Also, on top of giving the Buffalo some texture up top, I think it would look great without the saloon doors.  Just the Buffalo head with the western font below.  Even if it extends out far, I think the font and entire word mark works.

Archived