Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

On 3/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

The whole "every stripe should match" game is over.  It was played, and won handily, by the 80's Houston Oilers.  They did it, it was great, it was a perfect fit for their color scheme and the uniform cuts of the period, but anyone else is just doing a less effective imitation.

spacer.png

What made the Oilers set work so well is that they never applied those stripes to a red background (i.e., helmet, jersey, pants), so that element of the pattern never disappears.

When Florida tried to keep the stripes in the same order, the orange outer stripes disappear on anything orange.  Also, on a white background, the white middle section doesn't "read" as a stripe to me for some reason (if that makes any sense), but I've never had that problem with the Oilers' blue pants.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

What made the Oilers set work so well is that they never applied those stripes to a red background (i.e., helmet, jersey, pants), so that element of the pattern never disappears.

When Florida tried to keep the stripes in the same order, the orange outer stripes disappear on anything orange.  Also, on a white background, the white middle section doesn't "read" as a stripe to me for some reason (if that makes any sense), but I've never had that problem with the Oilers' blue pants.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Florida could improve the orange look by not adding orange stripes at all and just going by the helmet.

A white center stripe doesn't really read as a stripe. Oilers used white as the spacing stripe, which works better.

That said, I don't mind Florida consistent striping. Doesn't mean everyone should do it though.

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Obvious joke (copying the Steelers logo). Mocking the Rams. 

And it looks like three little construction barrels. Very appropriate for a franchise that has been rebuilding for 20+ years. 

T1oYViW.png

1 minute ago, selby56 said:

And it looks like three little construction barrels. Very appropriate for a franchise that has been rebuilding for 20+ years. 

I know their fans would throw a fit (like they did when it was reported the team was considering changes to go along with their new downtown stadium), but I always thought a construction barrel-inspired orange, white and black color scheme would be a great direction for the Columbus Crew.

2 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I know their fans would throw a fit (like they did when it was reported the team was considering changes to go along with their new downtown stadium), but I always thought a construction barrel-inspired orange, white and black color scheme would be a great direction for the Columbus Crew.

Maybe as an alternate uniform but not the regular team colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/9/2020 at 9:08 AM, leopard88 said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Did the Oilers' socks' stripes match?

11 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Did the Oilers' socks' stripes match?

Yes, at times. The sizes were different though. At the end, the sleeve stripes became sleeve cuffs but the socks still matched them. 

bX6PAIi.jpg

vAHOjsF.jpg

h4GpWWi.jpg

j0FHBIj.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Image result for cleveland browns 1995

Most Browns jerseys were similar to Houston as far as having sleeve cuff stripes instead of sleeve stripes. The only ones that didn't have this were the quarterbacks and kickers who wore longer sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I still hold that the Browns should pull a Florida with their striping and focus on the Orange/Brown/White/Brown/Orange as the key part of the brand. If the helmet remains the primary logo, then the striping is the logo.

But the jersey and pants don’t need those stripes to look good. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived