Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

I never really understood the carbon fiber pattern for a team like Cleveland, but it seems to have been a nod to the area having a hand in its creation. I don't recall if we were ever given the full-court press of Nike marketing-speak on this point. More than anything, this was probably an excuse to shoehorn a design element in there, but regardless, I thought it was interesting, 

Carbon fiber dates back to 1879 when Thomas Edison baked cotton threads or bamboo silvers at high temperatures, which carbonized them into an all-carbon fiber filament. By 1958, high-performance carbon fibers were invented just outside of Cleveland, OH. Although they were inefficient, these fibers contained around 20% carbon and had low strength and stiffness properties.

In 1963 a new manufacturing process was developed at a British research center, which is where carbon fiber’s strength potential was realized.

Insert stereotypical joke about something from Cleveland being inefficient...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

FWIW Browns sent out an email to Season Ticket Holders today. Still has a brown facemask on the helmet, but has the pre-2015  white jersey's striping across the top. It's odd that it looks stiched onto a brown jersey, but I'm sure the designer did that just for layout purposes. Either way I'm sure it's almost a guarantee the Browns are going back to the these on the sleeves. 

From reddit:

agv305jryor41.jpg

10 hours ago, Reyes47 said:

I think they’re pretty good blending old with new

"Blending old with the new" is not a well-received phrase around here, and justifiably so. Just this year, it has gotten us the LA Rams logo and the Falcons uniforms.

1 minute ago, Brummie said:

I spy brown numbers on the white jersey and white numbers on the brown jersey with no drop Shadows. Good start........

I don’t believe the images flashing are of the new jerseys, but nevertheless a promising sign that they’re tying this to the classic look.

6fQjS3M.png

If you look closely at these screenshots, it looks like the numbers are a classic block (you can just barely make out a 2) and the helmet stripes are staying with the same thickness and proportion (as opposed to the pre-2015 helmets with thinner brown exterior stripes):

spacer.png

spacer.png

In that first screenshot it also looks like the model is likely wearing the brown over white combo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, JayMac said:

"Blending old with the new" is not a well-received phrase around here, and justifiably so. Just this year, it has gotten us the LA Rams logo and the Falcons uniforms.

how is the rams logo blending old and new? The only logo i can think of that is remotely similar with their first St. Louis logo with the archway

I don’t get why every team need to go with their old looks. Browns I completely understand but it feels like the solution to every team is just go with the older look

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

After messing with the levels it looks like the white jersey has brown numbers and traditional 5 stripes (brown-orange-brown-orange-brown) on the sleeves. No wordmark on the front. Not even a small one. Brown facemask stays.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 12.38.34 PM

Hard to tell if that's standard block, or their custom rounded block. It's looking great so far.

spacer.png

Archived