Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

With Tampa Bay releasing their new uniforms next week I'd expect everyone else to have a slot picked between Monday and the 20th. Cleveland and the LA teams will probably be closer to the 7th than the 20th. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve always had a hard time getting behind the orange-brown-orange combo. It just has a bit of a gaudy, stuck-in-the-early-80’s vibe to it that doesn’t work for me, and the orange-brown-white combo strikes me as far more balanced and tasteful. 

I’m fine with orange-white-orange though, as long as that’s an alternate combo and not a primary one. Maybe for two games a year or something. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So clearly these two helmets are  different. The one on the top seems to be a different shade of orange and even looks like a different material. The logo on the front of the helmet is also different. The stripes also seem to be different sizes.

The top is from OBJ's girlfriends Instagram, it got deleted rather quickly.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The face is tan. Easy to see on a large version. “It’s ok because I don’t notice it” really isn’t the strongest rebuttal though. 

well if the face is tan, then the rebuttal is that it doesn't exist, right?  What are we fighting about again?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

So clearly these two helmets are  different. The one on the top seems to be a different shade of orange and even looks like a different material. The logo on the front of the helmet is also different. The stripes also seem to be different sizes.

The top is from OBJ's girlfriends Instagram, it got deleted rather quickly.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I think the helmet on the top is probably what they're gonna be wearing going forward.

This just seems all over the place. Would the Browns really paint a brown facemask on the field if they were going with grey? Would they use grey for an alternate uniform when the official logo has a brown mask? Why would OBJ just have a "new?" Helmet laying around? If it isn't real why did she delete her whole Instagram? Could the Browns be doing all this to mess with us? I don't think they are that smart...

50 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure if I really believe that they'd bring back the gray mask, but that would be unexpected and awesome.  Not just because IMO gray is the best looking choice for them but the mindset that would conceivably go with the gray mask bodes well for the rest of the uniform.

I've long advocated for them to work gray into their uniforms somehow.  Gray goes so well with both brown and orange, and is just such an autumnal scheme.  It's the reason why I liked their gray facemask so much even though gray wasn't one of their colors.

I get moist downstairs just thinking about a Browns uniform with gray pants or at least gray trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

well if the face is tan, then the rebuttal is that it doesn't exist, right?  What are we fighting about again?

I'm not sure I understand the first part, but the whole discussion was pretty trivial. The design flaw really didn't matter if we forgot what the argument was. 😉

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I hate the separated striping on the brown jersey and the white pants. Just gums up the works. 

At one time Cleveland had two sets of white pants. I can't remember the years though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

One difference between this and the Browns is the use of yellow here vs white, which is what makes it more reminiscent of old blackface cartoons.

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

he face is tan. Easy to see on a large version. “It’s ok because I don’t notice it” really isn’t the strongest rebuttal though. 

8 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Is this considered whiteface?

10 hours ago, IceCap said:

Remember when I said that needless Paul Lukas trashing was going to be treated as a disciplinary matter because it drags convos off topic? Yeah. This is what I meant. Drop it. Everyone.

27 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I don't understand.  We're not discussing Paul Lukas in any way, shape or form.

Archived