jimsimo

Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

I love when a team can deviate from its standard home and road set from time to time, but there’s no need for the Browns to add a gray jersey to their brown home jersey, orange alternate jersey and white road jersey set. Easier to admit the gray facemask would be out of place than to add an extra jersey to the rotation just to make it fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volt said:

 

I agree...Grey would be a great tertiary for them.

 

ff_3358650-49f7c274702fab7370a8alt1_full

The only grey Cleveland should use is on the facemask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, heavybass said:

That could work

They'll just end up looking like a dingy white jersey, just like every other Nike grey jersey. 

 

23 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I love when a team can deviate from its standard home and road set from time to time, but there’s no need for the Browns to add a gray jersey to their brown home jersey, orange alternate jersey and white road jersey set. Easier to admit the gray facemask would be out of place than to add an extra jersey to the rotation just to make it fit.

Exactly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a game where White dominates everything, someone needs to do what the Guardians are doing and say no to white.... or go cream, cream will be an alternative but the purists will scream MUH ROAD UNIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the Browns to unveil their new logo -- which of course will be the embarrassing, plainass, 90s-style helmet they always use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, heavybass said:

In a game where White dominates everything, someone needs to do what the Guardians are doing and say no to white.... or go cream, cream will be an alternative but the purists will scream MUH ROAD UNIS


Ah yes, it’s we “purists” who are preventing teams from having a road uniform that isn’t white. It’s definitely got nothing to due with the league rules explicitly requiring teams to have a white jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

Threw these together for you...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

Very nice job.  However, while Grey definitely works and I'd be all for it, I think it should be reserved as a Alternate or Color Rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Can't wait for the Browns to unveil their new logo -- which of course will be the embarrassing, plainass, 90s-style helmet they always use

 

Remember how excited this board was for the last time they unveiled a new logo, and it was just a different shade of orange on the same helmet clipart? That was funny. It was even less than a new hat for Malibu Stacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

Threw these together for you...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

I like the first two a lot.  Nice job.  I think that white can be worked in if necessary.  It could mitigate the risk of the gray just looking "dirty", and make it look intentional.  Or, maybe the sleeve stripes could be separated by white, and the center stripe of the pants be white?

 

I think I like the solid-color number better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Looks like OK State

 

Or Ohio State with the tint out of whack. Which might not be the worst idea for the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDGP said:


Ah yes, it’s we “purists” who are preventing teams from having a road uniform that isn’t white. It’s definitely got nothing to due with the league rules explicitly requiring teams to have a white jersey.

No league rule against white not being the primary away. I honestly think if the Seahawks hadn’t won the Super Bowl in white in 2013 they’d have made the switch by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns are in a weird position in that the jersey without the trim between the stripes (arguably the better version) was the standard for their first 20 years (1947-1967) and the recent present (2006-2014) but the verision with the trim held sway for most of their history (1968-1982, 1984-1995, 1999-2005). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns don't need any additional colors. Cream could work but it's not really an improvement over white. Gray doesn't look awful but doesn't add much (gray/brown doesn't work nearly as well as gray/orange) and deviates from the team's identity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

Threw these together for you...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I don’t normally like gray and orange (something about it makes me think of toys or something, childish. Weird, I know) but that one with brown numbers and orange outlines is a winner. That’s a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.