Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

No league rule against white not being the primary away. I honestly think if the Seahawks hadn’t won the Super Bowl in white in 2013 they’d have made the switch by now.

Stop making stuff up. It clearly says in the rule book “Home clubs shall choose their jersey color (either white or official team color), and visiting clubs must wear the opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wear jerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of sufficient contrast.”

I have been curious how the Browns would look if they really went a different direction.  Kept the traditional striping on the uniforms, but if they made orange and gray their primary colors with brown being a secondary or tertiary color.  The NFL seems to have a log jam of orange and dark colored teams (Browns, Bengals, Bears, Broncos).

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Stop making stuff up. It clearly says in the rule book “Home clubs shall choose their jersey color (either white or official team color), and visiting clubs must wear the opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wear jerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of sufficient contrast.”

Thanks. Pretty sure I posted that earlier in this thread. You've saved me the trouble of finding it again. 

There's also no "primary road" designation. Your road jersey is selected by default based on the choice made by the home team.

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Thanks. Pretty sure I posted that earlier in this thread. You've saved me the trouble of finding it again. 

There's also no "primary road" designation. Your road jersey is selected by default based on the choice made by the home team.

You’re welcome. I just don’t get why he’s posting things that are so easy to debunk. 

41 minutes ago, dont care said:

Relax, bucko, I was simply mistaken with NBA’s rules on sufficient contrast.

5 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Relax, bucko, I was simply mistaken with NBA’s rules on sufficient contrast.

Powder blue is purple and the NBA is the NFL. 

It's like Orwell's doublethink but dumber. 

18 hours ago, heavybass said:

In a game where White dominates everything, someone needs to do what the Guardians are doing and say no to white.... or go cream, cream will be an alternative but the purists will scream MUH ROAD UNIS

It works for a black and red team but not a brown and orange team. Just look at the Bowling Green picture from earlier.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Hey, it's not like it's this:

indians-stars-and-stripes-cap-2008.jpg&f

Man, the Block C really didn't come soon enough, did it?

I think the Indians should look like the bottom uniforms, and they could use the caveman C for their logo:chPc9jSXrGwDubKhvYrWXDcimoASyvKyjtKnImbB3sHpRrzuz99c3IdJkqpRvJ71Fi0foqnKHSb_tod7gkNKVuDZtLLMzTQHKKgb-6DJSIb0Fc-gsCmp2JY8OJNoQAHAPqnHgv4fmO0

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

There are issues that could arise with that font style within the context of the team name too though. Not as offensive, imo, but more "hokey rest-stop/cigar store Indian" kind of thing.

(Is it possible for a Cleveland thread to get Cleve-jacked?) (McCall and I just posted at the same time)

---

But back on topic, I've always liked the Brownie logo and I do hope it's around more. I don't think it should be the primary logo or even anywhere on the uniforms really, but keep it as the primary alternate.

IEI5Tg1.png

49 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

I think the Indians should look like the bottom uniforms, and they could use the caveman C for their logo:chPc9jSXrGwDubKhvYrWXDcimoASyvKyjtKnImbB3sHpRrzuz99c3IdJkqpRvJ71Fi0foqnKHSb_tod7gkNKVuDZtLLMzTQHKKgb-6DJSIb0Fc-gsCmp2JY8OJNoQAHAPqnHgv4fmO0

Yes, let's use a "caveman" logo for a team nicknamed the Indians.  The feather-C logo is even more lopsided and uneven than Chief Wahoo.  Big pass.

Archived