Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t8ivwll7vj021.jpg DQeDzCAUEAA8oTv.jpg depositphotos_8876593-stock-illustration lilly-the-alligator-wearing-some-stylish

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, the Bucs reveal gives me extreme amounts of hope. Hopefully the Browns follow suit and go back to basics like they said they're going to. 

Browns are apparently set to reveal on April 15th.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blows my mind that they don't just reveal them already. It's not that difficult. Make a short video clip, like the Bucs did, and just put it online. This "process" has been going on for 2 years and still no official word or even a tease letting us know when they actually will show the uniforms. Maybe I'm just frustrated because no sports are going on and we have 100+ pages here of garbage. But man, they are really dragging this on.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, BucksFan5 said:

40 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

It’s almost certainly taking the carbon fiber design off the stripes.

And/or referencing a swap to a gray facemask? Either way fine by me.

7 hours ago, dont care said:

It literally says in the article that it’s just a change to the decal.

While it is not confirmed what the actual change will be, the article does specify that Lukas' rumor is about a decal manufacturer, so point taken.

I never really understood the carbon fiber pattern for a team like Cleveland, but it seems to have been a nod to the area having a hand in its creation. I don't recall if we were ever given the full-court press of Nike marketing-speak on this point. More than anything, this was probably an excuse to shoehorn a design element in there, but regardless, I thought it was interesting, 

Carbon fiber dates back to 1879 when Thomas Edison baked cotton threads or bamboo silvers at high temperatures, which carbonized them into an all-carbon fiber filament. By 1958, high-performance carbon fibers were invented just outside of Cleveland, OH. Although they were inefficient, these fibers contained around 20% carbon and had low strength and stiffness properties.

In 1963 a new manufacturing process was developed at a British research center, which is where carbon fiber’s strength potential was realized.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived