Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Hard to tell if that's standard block, or their custom rounded block. It's looking great so far.

Definitely a standard block. Compare the 2 on the shoulder in that image @VDizzle12 posted to the 2 on the shoulders here:

spacer.png
If anything it just looks like they’ve slimmed down the shoulder numbers a bit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

After messing with the levels it looks like the white jersey has brown numbers and traditional 5 stripes (brown-orange-brown-orange-brown) on the sleeves. No wordmark on the front. Not even a small one. Brown facemask stays.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 12.38.34 PM

If this is any indication, they’re gonna look like the Browns again. We’ll see come reveal time, but so far this is looking excellent.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

It's weird that they teased this today when the rumored release date is April 15th. I bet they release either tomorrow or Monday.

Edit: obviously I don't know anything, it just seems odd that they tease a uniform unveiling a week beforehand to this extent.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, BucksFan5 said:

It's weird that they tease this now and the rumored release date is April 15th. I bet they release either tomorrow or Monday.

If someone from the organization or someone in the know is here, please leak them now! We will get them by tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Brown facemask is definitely staying:

That's too bad.

Unless they're doing one of those video swap outs, where they show the old than cut/replace it with the new one, with the gorgeous gray mask.  I mean, why else do a shot of the helmet just sitting there?

Someone mentioned the legends in the background of the video, but I could only pick out #32 Jim Brown. If they went Jim Brown era that means the previous set but no wordmark and a gray facemask. 

Did anyone see other legends or might that be a hint?

EDIT: Twitter answered: 

1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

Someone mentioned the legends in the background of the video, but I could only pick out #32 Jim Brown. If they went Jim Brown era that means the previous set but no wordmark and a gray facemask. 

Did anyone see other legends or might that be a hint?

Clay Matthews and Eric Metcalf at least. There might be a few more but that's all I noticed.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'll grant a few, but far from all. You seem like you enjoy being a contrarian for contrarianism's sake. 

so you think all new uniforms are bad? 

My opinion is I like things that are unique and distinct and most importantly cool looking. The point i was making was when i asked them why people like the old falcons uniforms when they’re very similar to the new ones they said ‘just cause’

There are plenty of great uniforms that are old. The Jags, 49ers, Packers, Vikings, Bears and Browns all have great old uniforms. But some like the falcons just aren’t distinct to me and look like High School jerseys not to mention the awful old logo 

1 minute ago, Reyes47 said:

so you think all new uniforms are bad? 

My opinion is I like things that are unique and distinct and most importantly cool looking. The point i was making was when i asked them why people like the old falcons uniforms when they’re very similar to the new ones they said ‘just cause’

There are plenty of great uniforms that are old. The Jags, 49ers, Packers, Vikings, Bears and Browns all have great old uniforms. But some like the falcons just aren’t distinct to me and look like High School jerseys not to mention the awful old logo 

:censored: no. I love a lot of new designs. In fact, I sometimes dislike how the board will only like a "new look" if it's a modernization/return of an old look. 

What I have an issue with is the overall sloppiness of the Falcons' new look, as well as the overdone monochrome/keeping the ugly modern Falcon. It just looks like a "this is what the kids like" misunderstanding that throws out a lot of solid design principles (making full black/white socks standard, having side stripes, and oversized numbers). I prefer the old logo slightly, but both are pretty terrible. Modernizing the '66 uniform, with a red helmet and a new logo that mixes both designs, would have been ideal. Ah well, they'll be redoing it soon enough.

Archived