jimsimo

Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

3 minutes ago, Newport said:

With such a :censored: history, they should never went back to being the browns.

giphy.gif

I've fought this fight before. Back down while you can. :P 

22 minutes ago, Newport said:

With such a :censored: history, they should never went back to being the browns.

Yeah. 7 Championships in 10 years is awful and deserves to be forgotten.

The argument of "lol browns bad" as an excuse for them to change their identity has always been stupid to me considering the Browns are one of the most storied franchises in all of football.

2 minutes ago, Newport said:

Garbage 

What's this in response to?

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Why?

Because I just don't think teams need three pants and the number of combinations that 3 pants gives them.  Have a look.  Maybe have an alternate look.  But if you have three pants and three jerseys, that gives you (I'm not good at math, so check me here) 9 combos?  Maybe even more if we factor in socks. That's just ridiculously unnecessary. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Because I just don't think teams need three pants and the number of combinations that 3 pants gives them.  Have a look.  Maybe have an alternate look.  But if you have three pants and three jerseys, that gives you (I'm not good at math, so check me here) 9 combos?  Maybe even more if we factor in socks. That's just ridiculously unnecessary. 

Again, why? If it's part of the team's main color scheme I don't see the problem.

33 minutes ago, colortv said:

Again, why? If it's part of the team's main color scheme I don't see the problem.

Because if you have a best look, you should always wear it. If you have three pants options, you don't always look your best.

35 minutes ago, colortv said:

Because the NFL just plays a 16 game schedule (for now).  3 jerseys and 3 pants mean 6 home combos and 3 road combos.  There's no point. 

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because the NFL just plays a 16 game schedule (for now).  3 jerseys and 3 pants mean 6 home combos and 3 road combos.  There's no point. 

There needs to be one exception to this rule. 3 Jerseys and 3 pants works if the 3rd jersey and 3rd pant are only worn together like a throwback or special color rush. One extra rule I would like to add to this is that the 3rd pair of pants can't be the same color as one of the first two pairs unless it is part of a throwback. I am looking at you Dallas and Tampa Bay. The New York Giants used to break this rule with two different pairs of grey pants but i believe they only wear one pair now.

27 minutes ago, dmhtfld said:

There needs to be one exception to this rule. 3 Jerseys and 3 pants works if the 3rd jersey and 3rd pant are only worn together like a throwback or special color rush. One extra rule I would like to add to this is that the 3rd pair of pants can't be the same color as one of the first two pairs unless it is part of a throwback. I am looking at you Dallas and Tampa Bay. The New York Giants used to break this rule with two different pairs of grey pants but i believe they only wear one pair now.

Nope. There doesn't need to be an exception. No one needs 3 jerseys and 3 pants.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Because when you have a good look you should wear it most of the time.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Because if you have 9 looks, then you don't have a look.  If you look at the most successful brands, they have one thing in common - consistency.  Predictability.  You know who the team is just by looking at them, without having to process anything.

I'm not against alts - I think they can expand the brand - but when we start getting into 7 8, 9 combos - that's just too much.  I can't see needing more than three shirts and two pants.  Again - like with everything, it's not a hard line rule, and there can be one-off exceptions - but for the most part, if you feel you need that many combos to represent your brand, then you don't really have a strong brand to begin with.

I guess I prefer 3 pants so there's no risk they'll only have white and brown with 2.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Brown facemask stays.

Withered Wojak | Know Your Meme

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Agreed. I think it allows for a lot of error. For example, as you mentioned, the O/O/O for the Browns would be wrong.