Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Full brown pants are bad. The color rush set lacked balance and doesn't work combined with the old look IMO. But it does look like they will be keeping a brown pant given that teaser.

IMO, orange white orange makes the most sense. It matches with striping pattern on the white pants (orange on the outside, which should be kept since it's the classic look). White orange white does look great though.

They may very well introduce 3 jerseys and 3 pants again, which is too much IMO.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, canzman said:

These mocks he posted are close to what I saw from the league in February.

Ah well that is good.

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Some people here dislike him, other people here like him. He has a strong personality and set of aesthetic principles. Some people will inevitably clash with that.

This pretty much among other things.  I have stated my reasons before pretty vocally, and I am not going to say them anymore on here.

Anyways, I really hope those alts have been changed from 2018. But then again seeing the Buccaneers alts, probably not. Sucks, just an Orange jersey would have been good.

Why the hell is the NFL still clearly MAKING these teams have an alt at all, and then it HAS to be some mono plain colored uniform? The Color Rush crap was years ago.

We should be able to discuss the content separately from discussing the person.  I'm not sure why that's so hard to do.

1 hour ago, BucksFan5 said:

That color rush alone should be disqualify this "leak". Giant Cleveland across the chest with no stripes? No way. It's 18 month old files, and there isn't anyway they have the same design they had 18 months ago. But maybe I'm just in denial.

8 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

These are mockups form 2018....so there is time to make adjustments....hopefully the font is traditional block...but looking at the blowups...it's a rounded block 

I don't think any of us (minus one or two) know the "rules", and how far in advance the 'retail' portion of the design needs to be set in stone.  We know they have to declare the intent 2 years in advance, which would give them 6 months to finalize everything if we're to believe that an 18-month-old design is set in stone.  I find that hard to believe.  While they might have already known what they wanted, and did finalize it 18 months ago, there's no guarantee.

At the very least, the non-retail part of the design - specifically pants and socks - probably have fewer rules associated, and can be modified way closer to the release date.

We also don't know that there's not orange pants.  The photoshops were based on files that were shown, but neither us nor the author know for sure if all the files were shown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I’ve been lobbying the Packers to do that for years. 

Nah. So many players wouldn’t wear the undershirt. And trying to force players to do that would be a non-starter. 

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

This is most likely true, but I've been wanting it to be at least tried. 

Actually, if this were done, I think the NFL "uniform police" would at least attempt to enforce the wearing of the undershirt. I mean if they can fine people for the other things they do, there's no reason they couldn't attempt to enforce wearing an undershirt.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

We should be able to discuss the content separately from discussing the person.  I'm not sure why that's so hard to do.

I don't think any of us (minus one or two) know the "rules", and how far in advance the 'retail' portion of the design needs to be set in stone.  We know they have to declare the intent 2 years in advance, which would give them 6 months to finalize everything if we're to believe that an 18-month-old design is set in stone.  I find that hard to believe.  While they might have already known what they wanted, and did finalize it 18 months ago, there's no guarantee.

At the very least, the non-retail part of the design - specifically pants and socks - probably have fewer rules associated, and can be modified way closer to the release date.

We also don't know that there's not orange pants.  The photoshops were based on files that were shown, but neither us nor the author know for sure if all the files were shown.

From the people that I've known in the retail apparel industry the rule of thumb is that you are always working 12 months out and overseas lead times are about 9 months to get orders in. Anecdotally from what I remember with college football leaks etc. it seems like the final design sign off for a new uniform comes in the fall for the following season which would also support the 12 month lead time rule of thumb. I think the nfl uses 2 years because they are very conservative and they need to account for the myriad of handoffs and approvals between the franchise and nfl properties etc.

7 minutes ago, guest23 said:

From the people that I've known in the retail apparel industry the rule of thumb is that you are always working 12 months out and overseas lead times are about 9 months to get orders in. Anecdotally from what I remember with college football leaks etc. it seems like the final design sign off for a new uniform comes in the fall for the following season which would also support the 12 month lead time rule of thumb. I think the nfl uses 2 years because they are very conservative and they need to account for the myriad of handoffs and approvals between the franchise and nfl properties etc.

2 years is a league thing, not a Nike thing, as it's been in place for longer than Nike has had the deal.  

But what you're saying is reasonable, but would probably only apply to the retail items, which is jerseys and maybe helmets.  Things like socks and pants can probably be tweaked must further on in the process.

If the socks we see are different than the socks on the mockup, I think it's very reasonable to assume that they simply changed things up after the deadline, since those aren't retail items that need to be in stores.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Lukas was 80% right with the Bucs leak. I’m excited to see what he missed with this Browns set. I’m really expecting the alt to have one new design concept like a stripe down the side of the jersey, or the elf on the helmet, more use of grey, etc

None of those are on the alt. If memory serves what he has for the alt is pretty spot on.

8 minutes ago, canzman said:

None of those are on the alt. If memory serves what he has for the alt is pretty spot on.

Do you remember if the brown pants for the away uniform actually had the O/B/O striping and not something like O/W/O?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, canzman said:

So the alts have nothing on the sleeves or shoulders, and no stripes on the pants or socks? They're just giant brown turds of a uniform?

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Do you remember if the brown pants for the away uniform actually had the O/B/O striping and not something like O/W/O?

The standard brown pants if I remember right and what the color rush pants the past few seasons were.

Archived