Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Details Emerge Regarding Cleveland Browns’ New Uniforms

April 13, 2020 - 17:48 PM

On Monday morning, just two days before they’ll be officially unveiled, Uni Watch’s Paul Lukas revealed some interesting details regarding the Cleveland Browns’ new uniforms. Lukas was shown a graphic by “an industry source who requested anonymity” and created renderings […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

So the alts have nothing on the sleeves or shoulders, and no stripes on the pants or socks? They're just giant brown turds of a uniform?

if I am remembering what I saw correctly... yes

Really don't understand the reasoning behind completely blank all-brown uniforms. Struggling to wrap my head around that and the removal of orange pants/jerseys again. Not only did they ignore the fanbase again, they are releasing a Color Rush jersey that NOBODY will buy. 

So, when they were showing Baker Mayfield the new color rush jersey on the Browns youtube channel last year, he was impressed by an entirely brown, plain uniform? This would have been April 2019. There's an extended version of this clip where Odell says "all orange". I guess we'll know soon enough, but it does make you wonder on how far Nike has gone since October 2018 mock-ups.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Really don't understand the reasoning behind completely blank all-brown uniforms. Struggling to wrap my head around that and the removal of orange pants/jerseys again. Not only did they ignore the fanbase again, they are releasing a Color Rush jersey that NOBODY will buy. 

People will buy it.  Lots of people will buy it.  People rushed out to buy - and wore - the last turd show of a uniform set.

Orange pants won't be used at all?  Is this confirmed?  Or just from the teasers we've seen?

43 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

People will buy it.  Lots of people will buy it.  People rushed out to buy - and wore - the last turd show of a uniform set.

Orange pants won't be used at all?  Is this confirmed?  Or just from the teasers we've seen?

The last turd actually had design to it, it wasn't just a blank jersey. The Browns, NFL and Nike are expecting people to go out and buy replica practice jerseys for $100+? Not only that it's fabric with numbers on it and could be easily mass produced by counterfeiters. It reminds me of the NFL "jerseys" they sell at JCPenny or Target, where they just have names and numbers on them but are too cheap to add stripes and logos. Only way that design can be salvageable is if they go with the often-discussed striped base layer. 

As far as orange pants and jerseys, I'd only assume they are all trashed since they've been left out of every teaser and rumor. Also saw several browns rumor accounts say to not expect either anytime soon. FWIW. 

No team/city name on the front, return of 5 stripes, striped socks, only two pants options, and an ever-so-slightly modified block font.

I would have preferred an orange jersey as the alternate and orange pants instead of brown, but the alternate shown kind of has a faux-back feel sort of like the lions throwbacks. 

This feels like something the Browns could have done by themselves pre-Nike. Honestly if Nike designed these (although it feels more like the organization just hit the go back button) they deserve props.

We didn’t see red pants in the falcons leaks right away but they had them so I can only hope the orange pants find a way to make it into the new set. Cause the brown pants to me are not a traditional or particularly good look at all. They would be better off in all white with the stripes socks.

Here are some updated mockups based on Paul’s info and mockups and based on what’s been seen in the enhanced teaser images:

spacer.png

The first row is essentially the home/road combos shown in Paul’s mockups, while the second row shows what socks I think will actually go with each combo (we pretty much know from the enhanced teaser image that the road set will have the white socks, and I’d bet there are plain brown socks for the home set). The third row shows what each jersey would look like with orange pants if they do end up having them in the rotation. And then here’s the white on white combo:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here are some updated mockups based on Paul’s info and mockups and based on what’s been seen in the enhanced teaser images:

spacer.png

The first row is essentially the home/road combos shown in Paul’s mockups, while the second row shows what socks I think will actually go with each combo (we pretty much know from the enhanced teaser image that the road set will have the white socks, and I’d bet there are plain brown socks for the home set). The third row shows what each jersey would look like with orange pants if they do end up having them in the rotation. And then here’s the white on white combo:

spacer.png

this looks pretty good. Nice and simple while being old school. What programs did you use and template?

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Why can’t the brown socks have stripes that match the brown jersey?

They can, but I’d bet there’ll just be plain brown socks (which is what they wore with the brown jerseys in the pre-2015 set). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Brown pants should be burned. 

I don't mind the brown pants provided they're only ever to be used with the white jersey. However, no NFL can ever restrain itself from unnecessary monochrome and Cleveland has proved itself no different.

I would imagine it very unlikely, but I think Cleveland just unveiling a brown jersey, white jersey and white pants would be pretty amazing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived