Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, DDR said:

I'm holding out hope for an infinite regression helmet, but I feel like I'm gonna be disappointed. 

PCPvI.jpg

This but with the facemasks cycling Brown-white-gray-brown-white-gray...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 hours ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Well, the good news is I can pull out my Peyton Hillis jersey from 2010 and I have the new Browns' jersey - sans Nike swoosh.

7 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

And, I can pull out my Peyton Hillis jersey from 2013 and have a new Bucs jersey 😂

*Laughs in Peyton Hillis Broncos jersey*

If the Browns pull a Buccaneers and end up going back to the same uniforms they claimed were outdated 5 years ago, that is gonna a bit of a letdown.

It's possible to find a middle ground between modernization and tradition, but it appears some teams are simply too lazy or afraid to get creative at all.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

If the Browns pull a Buccaneers and end up going back to the same uniforms they claimed were outdated 5 years ago, that is gonna a bit of a letdown.

It's possible to find a middle ground between modernization and tradition, but it appears some teams are simply too lazy or afraid to get creative at all.

The reason they don't is because when they do it sucks! There is nothing wrong with reverting back to a previous good to great look.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The uniforms from five years ago were great. There's no need to find a middle ground between a great uniform and a crap uniform. Just go with the great one. 

48 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree. The falcons are a good example. You could easily keep the throwback sets with the new number font and red helmets with the new logo and no one would complain. In situations like these I don’t know whether to blame the out of touch team decision makers or the design firms 

4 hours ago, DDR said:

I'm holding out hope for an infinite regression helmet, but I feel like I'm gonna be disappointed. 

I haven't contributed a lot to the world, but years ago I remember making a Dolphins gif along those lines...

200w_d.gif

All I want from the Browns is this, but with the B/W/B combo to use the same pants as O/W/B and W/W/B combos without the lines in the stripes. Keep it on the Jerseys, it looks good there. It's the best of all eras. It had the White Facemask, Orange and White Pants, a Jersey with a Drop-Shadow, and an Orange Jersey that was pretty good. 

spacer.png

EDIT: Just saw this Tweet. The hashtag is a good sign. The 🔥 is a bad sign, unless he has the same tastes as us.

da0Lbhs.png

17 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

U don’t need to get creative with an already pretty classic uniform. There is a reason the Raiders,Chiefs ,Bears ,Packers and Cowboys don’t need to change uniforms every 5 years.

I’d argue that Dallas DOES need to change. Or at least adhere to one of the uniform designs

This-

spacer.png

and this-

spacer.png

do not make a good set nor is it “unique”. None of the colors match except for the helmet.

The CR alternate at least makes the whole set visually palatable-

spacer.png

Kill off the normal home whites and upgrade the CR to default homes. I’d also suggest pulling the royal blue from the normal whites and roll it into the normal blues and CR.

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’d argue that Dallas DOES need to change. Or at least adhere to one of the uniform designs

This-

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kill off the normal home whites and upgrade the CR to default homes. I’d also suggest pulling the royal blue from the normal whites and roll it into the normal blues and CR.

I belong to the camp that the Cowboys home whites are incredibly awful, while their dark blue set is easily top 5 in the league. I understand the history of why the whites look like they look, but it's 2020 now and it looks stupid

Archived