Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to nitpick, because that's what we do, but I dislike the stripes on the brown pants. The all-brown alternate is unnecessary. And I'm mixed on the facemask, but only mildly. I'd have liked to have seen them go back to the white masks of the '80s. 

But really, these are nitpicks. This is what the Browns should look like. 

They, like the Bucs, just came out and admitted they were wrong with their last set. 

No real need to get into specifics here. Aside from some silly brown pants and no orange pants, this is how they’re supposed to look. Nice job. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Initial thoughts ...

1) YES!!!

2) Neither home or away pull no punches.

3) The alternate is fine, it's the same Color Rush which was "fine"

4) I'm okay with no orange pants. But, I'm sure we'll eventually see them.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, Newport said:

No consistency with the stripes. 

Upgrade but could have been better.

What? No consistency? They’re literally inverted jersey to jersey. The stripes on the brown pants match the stripes on the sleeves. Couldn’t be more consistent. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

EVqBkMNXgAAd8pz?format=jpg&name=medium

*takes long drag of cigarette*

Aaaaahhhhhh!

Striped socks, classic jersey stripes, brown pant stripes match the sleeve stripes. No wordmark. Number font matching updated script font. I like the brown facemask and glad it stayed.    Wish they had Orange pant option. The alternate stuff could go away. It's a terrible look IMHO.     Overall huge win, it's the slight update to the classic look

Love the new look. Glad they kept the brown facemask too. Would rather have O/W/O stripes on the brown pants, but whatever. Still looks fine. Wouldn’t be surprised if those brown plain pants get phased out or used with the regular set more often than they should.

The new brown pants are excellent and actually really help the away look. The rest is as expected, but a large, large upgrade nonetheless.

It'll be nice to add some orange pants in a year or two and maybe have a facemask rotation of grey or white to throwback to on the odd occasion. 

1 minute ago, OBomb said:

Agreed. I'd rather see that than the brown color rush.

Oh heavens no to an orange Color Rush.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Beautiful. 

I like the options they presented. I like that the all brown is part of an alt and not part of the normal rotation. 

I really like the OWB look personally, but the all white is also solid.

the home looks fantastic.

kept the modern helmet while it is still a classic feel. That goes for the whole uniform. This is how you make a modern Jersey with a classic feel. 

10/10. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 4/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't mind the brown pants provided they're only ever to be used with the white jersey. However, no NFL can ever restrain itself from unnecessary monochrome and Cleveland has proved itself no different.

I would imagine it very unlikely, but I think Cleveland just unveiling a brown jersey, white jersey and white pants would be pretty amazing.

They ended up as close to this as they possibly could. I don't love the mono brown, but whatever -- it needed to be done. Otherwise, an A+ for the home/road, and A with the alternate included.

Assuming they wear regular uniforms, Browns/Steelers games are going to look really nice this year. Browns/Colts too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived