Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I'd go with one of these for the Browns

Browns.png.f8dddf1f2a81304622c3cd5f05e68aaf.png

Top right.  I think the white just looks better.  Also, the stripe continuing through the C looks too busy to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

For those who've not yet seen Andrew Harrington's Brownie elf (the one in his avatar) at a decent resolution:

dribble.jpg.27223173ec82189ea69b371f79e9472e.jpg

Some combo of this and a rendition of rtrich's "C" concept above (glad somebody finally dug that back up! But he has an updated version of that floating around somewhere as well) would suffice as far as a Browns identity package goes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

For those who've not yet seen Andrew Harrington's Brownie elf (the one in his avatar) at a decent resolution:

Some combo of this and a rendition of rtrich's "C" concept above (glad somebody finally dug that back up! But he has an updated version of that floating around somewhere as well) would suffice as far as a Browns identity package goes.

Buc in a truck! Hey man, hope you're well. And I agree with your take on the Brownies.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

7 hours ago, Buc said:

I mean, it makes an absolutely fantastic t-shirt (that I would proudly wear, even as a non-Browns fan), but as an NFL team logo? Its a bit much. Despite its (increasingly thinning) historical thread, this whole Keebler Elf motif does not feel emblematic of the Cleveland Browns in 2017. The B-ball logo communicates the Browns brand in a much more efficient manner, which is much more 2017.

Guys, stop. The B football is one of the worst logos in pro sports. It looks like a half-assed logo Nike designed 15 years ago for Nike-exclusive hats, using parts of the team's identity in a unique but uninspiring way. Like the NE logo with the logo stripes coming off it. Among the reasons it's terrible:

It's a B, and it their logo should be a C;

The stripes don't extend behind the B (as seen in the loops), but they fill in the triangle on the right side;

The football lines curve slightly from the corners, where as the striped lines are a sharp angle. This is inexcusable with these being so close to one another. The stripes should truncate at the same angle as the football. It always drove me nuts;

There is much more white space between the football and stripe corners than there is outlining the B. The spacing of white should be the same in both spots;

The stripes are of no significance to the Browns. Yes, the current awful uniforms use brown-orange-brown stripes on the pants, and they wore those stripes when they originally messed up the uniforms circa 2003. But that's not the Browns. Their stripes should always be orange-brown-orange. Alternatively, an orange football with B-W-B stripes would have made sense;

Seriously, stripes inside a football? It's terrible. A "B" looked bad inside a football surrounded by dead white space, so they crudely threw in the stripes. They're saying "we have to put something in this spot to make this logo interesting. The other oval logos in football fill up the space with letters. But they just had a B, so they had to throw in random crap. A single letter can't fill up a football. It's just bad design.

A dog, an elf, or an entirely new logo that isn't a bad attempt at an olde tyme-y football logo would be fine. Just not leave it off the helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here was my half serious attempt at a Browns logo from a few years back

db9d9c21295377.56fefbd850bd0.png.d008086ad134fe5439b78a7c357f8ec6.png

Whoever owns/manages the Browns in 2020 should just do what they did in 85 - admit they goofed and go back to the classic unis with skinnier pants stripe, white facemask, sleeve numbers, white shoes, and forget about ever wearing brown pants ever again.

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Top right. Bottom one looks like a burger.

wow good call. Didn't notice that. That's why you always need fresh eyes to look at your work. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Whoever owns/manages the Browns in 2020 should just do what they did in 85 - admit they goofed and go back to the classic unis with skinnier pants stripe, white facemask, sleeve numbers, white shoes, and forget about ever wearing brown pants ever again.

Stupid 5 year rule. We have to wait till 2020 for a chance to get these beauties back. 

braylon-edwards-the-cleveland-browns-car

The Browns have done a lot of dumb things but getting rid of a classic is up there for one of the worst. 

XM4KeeA.png

I'd go with a primary logo that's a "C" variation of the "B" but leave the helmet as is.  The logo-free helmet is as much a part of their identity as the horns are for the Rams.

The dog pound is nice for the fans and if the team wants to produce t-shirts, that's OK, but I don't like the idea of a primary logo being named after the fans (though the Washington Team could solve their problem by becoming the Hogs). 

As for the elf, I'm just not a fan.  It's too whimsical for my taste.  I could see it as a secondary mark used officially enough to place on t-shirts, etc., but I think something like the "B" "C" is a bit more dignified.  And if the elf ever ended up on the helmet...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

Stupid 5 year rule. We have to wait till 2020 for a chance to get these beauties back. 

The Browns have done a lot of dumb things but getting rid of a classic is up there for one of the worst. 

Cue up the gray facemask discussion for the next 5 pages.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

The L A Rams have proven they can bring back those pants anytime they want.  We'd still be stuck with those horrible jerseys, but anything that gets rid of the embarrassing BROWNS running down the leg would at least be a slight improvement. 

(BTW, the 5 year rule is a great rule. It's keeping the NFL from looking like CFB, where every two bit team is rotating through designs like uniforms are presidential cabinet members.  Don't blame the NFL's 5 year rule.  The blame for the Browns' current horrific uniforms is strictly their own.)

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The L A Rams have proven they can bring back those pants anytime they want.  We'd still be stuck with those horrible jerseys, but anything that gets rid of the embarrassing BROWNS running down the leg would at least be a slight improvement

(BTW, the 5 year rule is a great rule. It's keeping the NFL from looking like CFB, where every two bit team is rotating through designs like uniforms are presidential cabinet members.  Don't blame the NFL's 5 year rule.  The blame for the Browns' current horrific uniforms is strictly their own.)

Yes, having brown run down your leg is an embarrassment...

Archived