Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Well Browns, you managed to not screw things up like before! The home and away sets look fantastic (I really like the road Brown pants, as I didn’t like white and orange touching), while the alternate is as gross as it used to be. The number font is close enough to traditional block where it’s not an issue, while the sock stripes are very welcome on the designs. Overall, the Browns are back!

Orange pants at some point would be nice, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked by how natural the updated numbers feel. 

Some easy rounding of the edges of the numbers is a nice way to modernize while keeping in the spirit of the original. 

I'm really happy with this. Browns back in the top 10 uniforms in the league. 

I'll wait for that game against the Steelers for the orange pants to come back....

Highlights, for me, include:

• Removal of the carbon fiber on the helmet
  • Maintained the satin finish
  • Narrowing of the pants stripe
  • Bringing over the same font from the word mark to the uniforms
  • Besides the brown pants, the colors seem to all be balanced
  • No wordmark
  • Sleeve stripe - not infringing onto the front of the jersey, but also not being neutered by the cuff of the sleeve

My only gripes:

• Thank God they put orange stripes on them this time, but they couldn't put a white stripe between the 2 orange stripes?
  • The thickness of the helmet, jersey, and pants stripes all seem to differ.
  • I wish they would have done SOMETHING a little unique, i.e. make the TV numbers orange instead of brown/white.  I know that nitpicking, but it could have been SOMETHING.
  • The alternate is stupid.  They should have just kept the color rush from last year or inverted the brown and orange colors.

Other than that, great update.  I would have done a few things differently, but can't complain.

Pros: tradition is back

Retained the color rush pants

Striped socks for home and away 

Traditional 5 stripes 

Stripes shrunk so they won't get cut off

No nameplate on front of jersey

carbon fiber goodbye 

Cons: no orange pants or jersey

Brown facemask preferred white or grey but not the end of the             world

Screen printed sleeves

Color rush

Shade of orange ( prefer the tennessee or clemson orange they used to have )

Not sure : updated numerals

Other than that....9/10 

Chargers next week 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

2 minutes ago, GFB said:

It'll be nice to add some orange pants in a year or two and maybe have a facemask rotation of grey or white to throwback to on the odd occasion. 

In they video the team released yesterday, they really focused on white facemasks so I was hopeful. Disappointed, but not mad about it.

PROS:

• Back to old stripes
  • WHITE AND BROWN STRIPED SOCKS
  • No helmet logo and no carbon fiber, but this was obvious
  • Classic white pants rather than changing striping

CONS:

• Color rush is boring and ugly
  • No orange pants
  • Brown pants without a white stripe is inferior to other potential designs

NOT GOOD OR BAD IMO:

• Keeping brown facemask
  • Custom number font instead of classic block
  • No wordmark

My hope is that the plain brown pants and plain brown socks will stay with the color rush jerseys and we stick to the presented combos strictly, only wearing these crap-suits once a year.

I'll take the stripes on the brown pants but I really think it needs white in there to make the set complete. The lack of orange pants is honestly bonkers, but I guess I prefer limiting the looks instead of having three different colored pants.

9 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Big miss on the alternate, home run on the home and aways tho

I feel like the non-Color Rush brown pants should be worn with Color Rush since there's no white striping.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'm shocked by how natural the updated numbers feel. 

Some easy rounding of the edges of the numbers is a nice way to modernize while keeping in the spirit of the original. 

I'm really happy with this. Browns back in the top 10 uniforms in the league. 

I'll wait for that game against the Steelers for the orange pants to come back....

Hopefully the steelers wear their block numerals against cleveland in the all white 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Beautiful. As a disciple of the brown pants and an orange pants hater, I'm a big fan of this.

The alternate is pretty dumb, but honestly I'll take it over the garbage that was their last set.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Don’t care about the Color Rush and I predict the white jersey/brown pants combo doesn’t last long. Major win. 

Not color rush. It's just the alternate now. Color rush, if that's still a thing, would be different

I'm primarily annoyed by the game they're playing where they'll delay orange pants for a couple years so they can make a big deal out of another unveiling or an enhancement or whatever, and have never liked brown pants with the away jerseys, but these largely get the Browns to where they're supposed to be and how they're supposed to look.

(I like the new numbers, I think. They're a good way to add some flair to a classic jersey.) 

6fQjS3M.png

A look at a few more numbers in the new font:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
Overall this font isn’t perfect, and still slightly inferior to just going with classic block, but it’s close enough to be pretty harmless and still complement the rest of the look. I’m glad they maintained the proportions of the classic block numbers instead of making them thicker to better match the wordmark font (which they’re using for NOB’s).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, hofflalu said:

As a bit of an aside, props to the promotional video team for finding (perhaps accidentally) a way to include the '84 jerseys in the montage:

spacer.png

Wow. Someone actually bought a Paul McDonald jersey? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived