jimsimo

Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They did what needed to be done and the primaries look good. The color rush by comparison, looks like they hit delete in Photoshop instead of save and sent that off at the last minute. 

It's bizarre, the last color rush uniform worked perfectly with the current set. How did anyone look at this and think it was the right move? (Besides $$$, obviously)

I honestly don't get how anyone could have oked these alt. They're not only ugly, they're just nothing at all...

This video was a joke when it was produced for the last redesign and it’s even funnier now. 

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I’m surprised, but they nailed this. I even think the new numbers look good, and along with the face mask, are just enough to keep this contemporary.

So you don't think that the drastic difference between the curves on the top and bottom of the numbers vs the straight lines in the middle is a little annoying?  It's like it's a totally different font on the top and bottom third vs the middle third.

Please don’t put the Helmet logo on the field. How bout the elf? Where’s he at?

Overall, this is a solid return to normal, so to speak. 

I'd have liked them to be more inventive with the alternative set (not necessarily more "out there"). I mean a simple fix, if you wanted to keep the color rush "feel", would be to swap the brown for white, but stick with the orange numbers and add minimal striping.

And I think orange pants will come, sooner or later.

Apparently the Browns didn't want tv numbers on the Color Rush and the NFL said no. Wish they would have just nixed that whole idea and went orange.

Nicely done Browns!

Teams that still need fixed -

Arizona (when you're the oldest team in the league, you might want a little more traditional)
Atlanta (I guess we'll be seeing you again in 2025!)

Cincinnati (Great helmet, but the uniforms are all over the map)

Denver (They really need a refresh)

Detroit (Just too much going on - they need simplified)

Miami (Just go back to the classic uniform everybody wants already!)

New England (The classic look with a modernized Pat Patriot perhaps?)
New Orleans (Their original uniforms were perfect!)

Seattle (Fans are pretty polarized by their look, but I suspect they'll stick with it)

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

This video was a joke when it was produced for the last redesign and it’s even funnier now. 

POWERFUL, ICONIC, WORK ETHIC, POWER, THE CITY, POWER, POWER, THE CITY, POWER

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Apparently the Browns didn't want tv numbers on the Color Rush and the NFL said no. Wish they would have just nixed that whole idea and went orange.

Interesting. New England's Color Rush uniforms don't have TV numbers, instead having a stripe over the shoulder and the Flying Elvis on the shoulder cap. 

9 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I honestly don't get how anyone could have oked these alt. They're not only ugly, they're just nothing at all...

Because the fans wanted these instead of the last set. When a teeam goes with their color rush option because it's better, you need to get rid of them. 

9 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Used to reinforce my point. 

8 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Had they gone the throwback route they could have managed this by making them the 1946 model. 

1946_Cleveland.png

Kinda weird this particular jersey has a 2019 tag on the inside:

Browns 2020 Uniform Launch Photoshoot

I think someone else mentioned it too, but first thing I thought of for the numbers is a mashup of the Vikings singular number and the Rams soon-to-be old numbers without the outline. That "block but with rounded corners" vibe 

20 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I seem to recall some tweets posted here that Brownie the Elf was going to have a more increased role on various applications (but not the uniforms). I’m holding out hope that’s true and that he’s rolled out more in the future. Though he’d make a far better primary than the helmet, maybe having him around more would offset and balance the use of the helmet a bit?

Related note, I have a Brownie ‘47 Clean Up cap, and it’s honestly one of my favorite caps I own. I hope they roll out more Brownie merch and sideline gear for sure.

I try to buy gear with Brownie instead of the helmet. I'd love to see a version of him running, similar to what Andrew has as his avatar. 

Obviously better than what they had the past 5 years, but man, how do they and Tampa say their uniforms are outdated but then go back to them 5-6 years later with very minimal changes? You're allowed to get a little bit creative. That's why the Browns were smart to modify the number font, which the Bucs also should've done.

The Color Rush is boring and pointless, the lack of orange pants is bizarre, and the all white set should use brown socks.

At least the new brown set features striped socks that match the shoulders. Wouldn't have expected that from Nike. The old ones just used solid brown socks, I believe.

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Had they gone the throwback route they could have managed this by making them the 1946 model. 

1946_Cleveland.png

Looking at this reference image just reinforces the whole “inconsistency” vibe. And YES, I get that in 1946 there was more of a likelihood of inconsistent quirks. But the opposite direction of the shadow is just as significant as the stripes on the new pants. And frankly, I think the new pants are fine as part of the overall refresh.

Nice reversion/update to their classic uniforms.  Still think they need to add orange pants and/or jerseys to complete the look.  Wish they'd go with something other than an all-brown color rush uniform.