Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns hit a grand slam with these uniforms. 

Not thrilled with the Brown pants but the side stripe make them a bit more tolerable. And even though they were introduced as part of the set I think the frequency with which they'll be worn largely depends on what kind of reaction they get once they're out on the field...if fans are kind of meh or hate them then the Brown pants will slowly fade into oblivion.

Other than that it's perfect. 

32 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Nike is 3 of 4 so far in my mind (Good: Bucs, Browns, Colts, Bad: Falcons)   Fingers crossed for Rams, Chargers and Patsies. 

At this point I'm taking @canzman at his word and opinion and I'm expecting to like the Chargers and Patriots and dislike the Rams.

10 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

I bet you they will be outta the closet come this year 

Quote from owner "do people like the orange pants? I haven't heard anyone mention them. Guess we missed the mark. Maybe we can talk to Nike and see if they are capable of making some orange pants for us."

I'd assume he's being sarcastic and keeping them a surprise. Either that or he just wants to piss people off.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that this didn't end up being the real alternate;

spacer.png

I like it quite a bit better than the actual CR alt we're apparently getting.  This one has a quirky early 60's college vibe that almost works for me (at least works about as much as any Color Rush mess can work). If you sub out the brown for navy, you could see this as a Syracuse or Illinois uniform from 1959, with the stripeless elements, lack of TV numbers, and enlarged wordmark.  The Color Rush they just actually debuted is ugly and dull. This may be kind of ugly and dull, but it seems interestingly and intentionally ugly and dull, which is all the difference.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Apparently the Browns didn't want tv numbers on the Color Rush and the NFL said no. Wish they would have just nixed that whole idea and went orange.

I wish they had just ditched the numbers completely now that would have been a modern design we could get behind! Can you imagine just nothing but brown on the field well except the helmet but maybe next year they can do an all brown helmet as well? The possibilities are endless!

In all seriousness these are great except the socks don't line up with the jersey & pant choice but whatever! Two pairs of Brown pants & jerseys make absolutely no sense!

I sort of wish they would've retained the previous color rush jersey, which had three orange stripes, to pair with the striped brown pants. 

Advantages:

No need to pigeon hole a second set of brown knickers. 

All jerseys have a consistent theme of three sleeve stripes matching the numeral color. 

No temptation to mix the classic brown jerseys with brown pants, thus avoiding the the brown striped socks leotard look. 

35 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm actually kind of disappointed that this didn't end up being the real alternate;

spacer.png

I like it quite a bit better than the actual CR alt we're apparently getting.  This one has a quirky early 60's college vibe that almost works for me (at least works about as much as any Color Rush mess can work). If you sub out the brown for navy, you could see this as a Syracuse or Illinois uniform from 1959, with the stripeless elements, lack of TV numbers, and enlarged wordmark.  The Color Rush they just actually debuted is ugly and dull. This may be kind of ugly and dull, but it seems interestingly and intentionally ugly and dull, which is all the difference.

It has a Lions throwback feel to it, since that also has a plain helmet, no TV numbers, and stripeless pants, and full-color socks at a time before that became normal.

When I look at it, I actually feel like i"m looking at a throwback - not a modern mono-for-mono's sake uniform.  Certainly not something that's necessary, and not something I'd want as their primary, but I think it's pretty nice as an alt that's not something silly and 'futuristic' like some of the color rushes we've seen.

It's also the only one of their uniforms that I like the brown facemask with.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

These two uniforms are making me way more happy than someone my age should be about such things. 

7hZcBMn.jpg

The Browns look like a dignified football team again.  Way to waste 5 years of our lives, Nike.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

54 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

At this point I'm taking @canzman at his word and opinion and I'm expecting to like the Chargers and Patriots and dislike the Rams.

Anything the Patriots do to update their uniforms is almost a guaranteed upgrade. I do have high hopes for the Chargers (it feels funny to say that) but I have none of that same optimism for the Rams. 

Archived