Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Meshmaster101 said:

i still have plenty of hope that they will experiment with different facemask colors, like how the chiefs did last yearHelmet Stalker on Twitter: "The Kansas City Chiefs used gray ...

white facemask power

jets were the kings of facemask swaps.  Green, white, gray AND chrome green used in 2018.

18 minutes ago, Meshmaster101 said:

i still have plenty of hope that they will experiment with different facemask colors, like how the chiefs did last yearHelmet Stalker on Twitter: "The Kansas City Chiefs used gray ...

white facemask power

That wasn’t really experimenting. It was technically a throwback to 1969

Browns are finally back to their old selves! Only things I'd really change is to make the brown pants with an orange/white/orange stripe, not a o/b/o. That alt should've never seen the light of day. If they need an alt, they should reuse the Color Rush, or make an orange alt (I'm not that big of an orange pants fan with the Browns, which is surprising considering orange is my favorite color)

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

I absolutely hate the O/B/O stripes on the white pants.. it was a mistake initially, and it's a mistake still.. every other uniform elements has brown on the outside and/or orange in the middle.. I know it's tradition, but it's a bad one..

Otherwise, fantastic upgrade!

Only other issues I have are with the apts..

The stripeless brown jerseys are horrible.. the CR set with the orange stripes was ok, and the old orange jerseys were great.. either would be an improvement..

As for the pants, they could've worn the primary brown pants with the brown alt, and it would've opened the door for orange pants matching the helmet.. 

Both alt pieces are a miss for me..

At least they look like the Browns again..

Hot hot hot unis!! Well done. Love the striped socks. Browns are back to the Browns! Yay!

3 teams revealed new unis, and 3 teams did very very good!!

Hopefully there will be an NFL season so that we can see these unis in live action. 

Just removing all of the lore blatant Nike bells and whistles like giants wordmarks on the chest and pants, orange numbers and upshadow and contrast stitching guaranteed that this  be a much cleaner look. I was one of the few who liked the extended stripe and the switch to the 3  stripe pattern but everything else wasn’t worth it

I’m not sure if I love the brown pants striping pattern but it’s still the best brown pants the Browns have ever had. The no.1 thing for me is the striped socks, they really tie the whole look together and ensure that the brown pants look good. The Color Rush is complete dog :censored:, it’s one of my favorite NFL uniform ever, with no design elements or redeeming qualities. But at least for most of the  year the Browns will look much better.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

While 2 horrible uniform messes have now been fixed, we already have 1 replacement mess (Falcons), and I have a terrible suspicion we are going to see a second new mess with the Rams.

PLEASE Rams, don't F it up. That'd be a tragedy, with their new world stadium and all. 

Browns, though, that's an A+ ... I'm even likin' the Color Rush. Brown is a sadly under-appreciated color. Wyoming Cowboys get it right.

Lets see your report cards

BROWNS  A
BUCS.        B-
FALCONS   F

wS7MJ6T.png

I'd like to officially welcome the Browns back to the NFL after going on a five-year hiatus! They look gorgeous! Well done.

With the Buccaneers returning after as six-year hiatus, this is turning out to be a great offseason so far. Though it is disappointing that the Falcons are departing for the Arena league, but it is what it is.

18 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I absolutely hate the O/B/O stripes on the white pants.. it was a mistake initially, and it's a mistake still.. every other uniform elements has brown on the outside and/or orange in the middle.. I know it's tradition, but it's a bad one..

Otherwise, fantastic upgrade!

Only other issues I have are with the apts..

The stripeless brown jerseys are horrible.. the CR set with the orange stripes was ok, and the old orange jerseys were great.. either would be an improvement..

As for the pants, they could've worn the primary brown pants with the brown alt, and it would've opened the door for orange pants matching the helmet.. 

Both alt pieces are a miss for me..

At least they look like the Browns again..

I wouldn’t call it a mistake, though I agree it looks a little odd with the white jersey and socks, which is why I’m guessing they’ll use the brown pants as the primary option for the white uniform. Brown on the outside sounds like it makes more sense, but it doesn’t look right because the bottom half of the uniform needs the extra orange to balance the helmet. I could see a brown/orange/brown stripe working if they further modernized the look and went with orange socks, but there isn’t an easy solution there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

05-Wk2-Browns-Packers-062.jpgcleveland-browns-wide-receiver-dennis-no

they tried BOB pants stripe and 100/100 people agreed that it looked worse. Not one person preferred it to OBO and we all agreed to stop suggesting it. 

I'm kidding, but it makes the helmet stick out too much. Sometimes the mathematically right call isn't the right call. 

I do like that it looks like they've skinnied up the pants stripe compared to the last time they wore it

152917089.jpg.0.jpg

I could also be wrong about that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

33 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Besides the horrible color rush uniform, the only thing that really bugs me is that the sleeve stripes are now screen printed. The previous version of the stripes looked way more professional:

spacer.png

Goddammit.  Now I can't stop seeing that.  The sheen on the new ones does look cheap compared to the previous woven ones.

Are the Steelers the last team with woven stripes?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived