Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

5 hours ago, Derek94 said:

More on the team wordmark on the chest - the Browns are now the 10th team to not have a name written on the front of the jersey.

Oakland, Indianapolis, Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville are the others.

Note - The Steelers (since 1997) and Jags do have their team logo on the right front shoulder.

But the Lions just weirdly put a giant wordmark in their sleeve stripe.  Not sure that's better.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

So evidently most of twitter remarks are asking what changed or looks the same on the Browns jersey. It amazes me that most people cannot tell the difference between their previous set & this one.

🔥“ Twitter has a horribly small attention span

39 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

So evidently most of twitter remarks are asking what changed or looks the same on the Browns jersey. It amazes me that most people cannot tell the difference between their previous set & this one.

It would be more difficult to find something that didn't change on the new uniforms. The brown facemask, brown socks and the colors are basically all that stayed the same.  

2 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

TBH I’d rather be like that. Wouldn’t be so upset about relatively trivial matters. Less stressful life.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

After the Bucs released their new unis, NFL Live had a brief segment on them and Marcus Spears said he couldn’t tell the difference between the new set and the outgoing one. That floored me!

I mean, I know a lot of people outside of this community aren’t as into the really fine details as we are, but I feel like some stuff is more obvious than not.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Vikings, Browns, and Jags have been Nike's best redesigns (and i understand my Jags view is an unpopular opinion). The Browns barely count as a redesign though, trust me, I think the team forced them to go back to what they had, as they did with the Bucs, Nike's 4th best redesign.

fiowXOD.png

38 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

what’s bad about them?

The Titans have a list of problems here goes.

1. logo on the helmet looks worse now on Navy Blue

2. the two tone grays on the yoke should be one color

3. none of deigns on each the pants, helmet, or jersey match in any way

4. the font is one of the worst I have seen

5. the pant stripe is just silly & adds nothing to the look

6. arm pit stains look awful

That is enough but if I think real hard I can think of some more it just does not look like a uniform professional players should wear.

27 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

The Titans have a list of problems here goes.

1. logo on the helmet looks worse now on Navy Blue

2. the two tone grays on the yoke should be one color

3. none of deigns on each the pants, helmet, or jersey match in any way

4. the font is one of the worst I have seen

5. the pant stripe is just silly & adds nothing to the look

6. arm pit stains look awful

That is enough but if I think real hard I can think of some more it just does not look like a uniform professional players should wear.

Great list of issues...my biggest is #5. They had some of the best pants in the league, now they look like Arena Football uniforms: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

I had to point out what changed to a few of my friends as well. IDK, I think maybe people instinctively look at the helmet first? That's why we saw a lot of people saying the Bucs barely changed as well. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

TBH I’d rather be like that. Wouldn’t be so upset about relatively trivial matters. Less stressful life.  

This is true ignorance is bliss! I do not let it stress me though. When Jacksonville had the two toned helmet I could not watch their games that was about the extent it affected my life. That is by far the worst design I have ever seen they looked like Seth Rollins during is early Shield's days! 

1 hour ago, Reyes47 said:

what’s bad about them?

Not much different than what the others said

1. The general gimmickry of the entire set

a. Multicolored sword shoulder panels that are extremely youth football.

b. sideways sword "stripe" that gets cutoff and looks like a random square.

c. Pit stains

2. Absolute garbage number font, easily a top 3 nike worst effort along with the Bucs' clock numbers and West Virginia's numbers.

3. Horrendous color balance throughout. Navy is obviously the primary, but is the secondary color grey? Or maybe it's the darker grey? Oh wait, the titans are navy and sky blue, just throw on some sky blue on some tiny side panels and nowhere on the helmet or pants.

a. The red nike logos clearly designed for no other reason than to say "HEY, BUY  NIKE GEAR"

4. Utter lack of cohesiveness.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

10 hours ago, Derek94 said:

More on the team wordmark on the chest - the Browns are now the 10th team to not have a name written on the front of the jersey.

Oakland, Indianapolis, Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville are the others.

Note - The Steelers (since 1997) and Jags do have their team logo on the right front shoulder.

Add KC to the list. Dallas only has a wordmark on their navy jerseys and Cincinnati and NYG have their primary logo.  

4 hours ago, CLEstones said:

What is the design reasoning for this being horizontal?  Shouldn't it be vertical to mimic the helmet?  I believe the official Twitter hashtag has the stripe vertical.

i think you can use it either way. put it on a 45 angle even. no matter what orientation its just shape and color, there's no wrong way to use it. like Coca-Cola using their ribbon in place of the script logo. lots of room to play

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

So evidently most of twitter remarks are asking what changed or are saying it looks the same on the Browns jersey. It amazes me that most people cannot tell the difference between their previous set & this one.

Earlier in the thread, I brought up a friend of mine whose exact words were "Seriously, what changed?" It blows my mind. To me, it's like people not being able to see the difference between these. 

imgrc0085492863.jpg41l94k-+V5L._SX425_PIbundle-24,TopRight,

BB52Big.jpg

I posted this video a while back of the Browns’ new turf in their indoor facility being an indicator of the face mask color not changing, but as this twitter user points out it looks like the numbers match the new number font: 

It never even occurred to me to check the numbers, especially since at first glance it just looks like standard block, but if you look closely it definitely appears to be the new custom jersey number font. Whether intentional or not that definitely was a little Easter egg that nobody seemed to catch.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, Derek94 said:

Kansas City in that group too. 

The patch is in the same spot as the Steelers and its the AFL logo, not the team name.

6 hours ago, canzman said:

The only thing with this is the illusion and all kind of falls apart if not on a white background. On a dark background of a photo background, etc you lose that the negative space should fill in for white.

Have a white outline wide enough to cover the top and bottom of the letters to match the space

Archived