Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

How did the Browns decide not to remove the helmet stripe for the alternate? Probably would at least look a little bit better.

The 53 man roster earned those stripes in the preseason! Can't take that away from them just for an alternate :P

"Browns will ‘get to work on’ adding orange pants to the new uniforms, owner JW Johnson says"

"In an appearance on the team’s in-house radio show “Cleveland Browns Daily’’ on WKNR 850 AM on Wednesday, Johnson revealed that he’s willing to explore adding the orange pants to the current lineup, which feature brown and white jerseys, and brown and white pants. The combinations include all-white unis, all-brown, brown jerseys with white pants, and white jerseys with browns pants. The all-brown version, a spin-off of the Color Rush worn at home last year, includes orange numbers on the jersey. “Did people like the orange pants?’’ Johnson said. “I didn’t realize that. I didn’t know that that was something that was a big deal. Aw, man, I guess we missed on that one.’’...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/browns-will-get-to-work-on-adding-orange-pants-to-the-new-uniforms-owner-jw-johnson-says.html

6 minutes ago, buckeye said:

"Browns will ‘get to work on’ adding orange pants to the new uniforms, owner JW Johnson says"

"In an appearance on the team’s in-house radio show “Cleveland Browns Daily’’ on WKNR 850 AM on Wednesday, Johnson revealed that he’s willing to explore adding the orange pants to the current lineup, which feature brown and white jerseys, and brown and white pants. The combinations include all-white unis, all-brown, brown jerseys with white pants, and white jerseys with browns pants. The all-brown version, a spin-off of the Color Rush worn at home last year, includes orange numbers on the jersey. “Did people like the orange pants?’’ Johnson said. “I didn’t realize that. I didn’t know that that was something that was a big deal. Aw, man, I guess we missed on that one.’’...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/browns-will-get-to-work-on-adding-orange-pants-to-the-new-uniforms-owner-jw-johnson-says.html

This Johnson dude mustn't be very clued in if he didn't know that!  

#DTWD #GoJaguars

39 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

The 53 man roster earned those stripes in the preseason! Can't take that away from them just for an alternate :P

You can’t take stripes away just for an alternate?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Regardless of its a whole “earn your stripes” thing, it’s still dumb to think it’s not doable.

19 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

This Johnson dude mustn't be very clued in if he didn't know that!  

That's because they never bothered to ask anyone, other than 15or 20 Gen-Z Twitter posters. Sounds like Arthur Blank saying the Falcons rebrand was because they "listened to their fans"...if that's true, Blank must not really like the fans.

Wouldn't surprise me if Johnson is one of those non-uni guys who never even noticed that the Browns had orange pants before.

53 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I know it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole “Color Rush” idea, but a pair of orange or white/cream pants instead of brown would make for a sharp look.

Even just the regular white pants make for a decent alternate look:

spacer.png

Gives off sort of a Bears Monsters of the Midway vibe, but definitely better than the solid brown.

With striped orange pants:

spacer.png

I wouldn’t wanna see solid orange pants, so just used the striped orange pants that we’ll hopefully see sometimes this year.

And with the O/B/O striped brown pants:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

I wonder if that new tradition will continue under the new head coach 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I posted this video a while back of the Browns’ new turf in their indoor facility being an indicator of the face mask color not changing, but as this twitter user points out it looks like the numbers match the new number font: 

It never even occurred to me to check the numbers, especially since at first glance it just looks like standard block, but if you look closely it definitely appears to be the new custom jersey number font. Whether intentional or not that definitely was a little Easter egg that nobody seemed to catch.

I hope it is the new field art at their home stadium 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

48 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Pretty sure he was joking. 

Indeed I was. I was being facetious in suggesting that players actually cared about "earning" the stripes and wouldn't want them taken away. I'm aware that swapping out or removing decals/stripes is common practice.

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Pretty sure he was joking. 

13 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Indeed I was. I was being facetious in suggesting that players actually cared about "earning" the stripes and wouldn't want them taken away. I'm aware that swapping out or removing decals/stripes is common practice.

I knew you were. I just made a loose attempt to state how the removal of helmet stripes can make an alternate uniform relatively okay if not better

37 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Can we see that with plain orange pants and no stripe on the helmet to complete the lions rip-off 

spacer.png

Looks a lot like Illinois’ current orange/navy/orange combo, too:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon said:

That's because they never bothered to ask anyone, other than 15or 20 Gen-Z Twitter posters. Sounds like Arthur Blank saying the Falcons rebrand was because they "listened to their fans"...if that's true, Blank must not really like the fans.

Wouldn't surprise me if Johnson is one of those non-uni guys who never even noticed that the Browns had orange pants before.

I think JW Johnson is just trolling. We know there is a "secret" the Browns haven't shown anyone yet. The actual interview yesterday his tone seemed very sarcastic and he mentioned how popular the Kardiac era uniforms and orange pants were. They also wore orange pants a lot the past two years.

Archived