jimsimo

Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

I'm a big fan of the brown facemasks. IMO that's by far the best option for them. The brighter orange really looks nice, too. I'm excited to see both road combos. Halleluiah to white striped socks! Cleveland Browns reveal new uniforms - YouTube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gray > brown for Cleveland.  I'm not a pro-gray-masker, but it worked really well for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gray > brown for Cleveland.  I'm not a pro-gray-masker, but it worked really well for them.

 

Everything about the Browns' brand should look as old-timey as possible. It's why they should only wear white pants, gray masks, and have stripey-ass socks. They named their team after their coach, that's about as old-school as a team can get and that sort of thing is what Cleveland should embrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

 

Everything about the Browns' brand should look as old-timey as possible. It why they should only wear white pants, wear gray masks, and have stripey-ass socks. They named their team after their coach, that's about as old-school as a team can get and that sort of thing is what Cleveland should embrace.

I still feel like they could get away with rotating gray, white, and brown masks on home, road, and alts. Maybe the random white mask with brown over orange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm a big fan of the brown facemasks. IMO that's by far the best option for them. The brighter orange really looks nice, too. I'm excited to see both road combos. Halleluiah to white striped socks! Cleveland Browns reveal new uniforms - YouTube

  
From head-to-toe, this is the best the Browns have ever looked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland is probably my favorite NFL uniform.  Love the shade of brown and the white numbers really pop.   Just gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors going around that the Browns will go brown over orange tomorrow night. Seems weird to break out the "surprise" in week 2. 

 

Color Rush seems like another rumor that might have some legs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The brown facemasks look about as bad as I expected them to look in live game action.

 

The brown facemasks seriously detract from the whole retro/classic look the Browns are trying to achieve. They make the helmets look dull and boring in the same way that black for black's sake facemasks do. IMO white or gray make the entire helmet pop more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LordBigMad said:

The brown facemasks look about as bad as I expected them to look in live game action.

 

The brown facemasks seriously detract from the whole retro/classic look the Browns are trying to achieve. They make the helmets look dull and boring in the same way that black for black's sake facemasks do. IMO white or gray make the entire helmet pop more.


On the other hand, I like the brown facemasks with this uniform because I feel like it helps to bring a classic look into the modern era without overdoing it. 
 

I guess you can count me amongst the anti-grey facemaskers (in instances where teams otherwise don’t have grey or silver in their color scheme). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm a big fan of the brown facemasks. IMO that's by far the best option for them. The brighter orange really looks nice, too. I'm excited to see both road combos. Halleluiah to white striped socks! Cleveland Browns reveal new uniforms - YouTube


Put some orange stripes on those all brown socks and call it complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Rumors going around that the Browns will go brown over orange tomorrow night. Seems weird to break out the "surprise" in week 2. 

 

Color Rush seems like another rumor that might have some legs. 

 

Boo to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

 

Boo to this.

Actually, I wish most teams would go with the color rush early just to get it over with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chawls said:


On the other hand, I like the brown facemasks with this uniform because I feel like it helps to bring a classic look into the modern era without overdoing it. 
 

I guess you can count me amongst the anti-grey facemaskers (in instances where teams otherwise don’t have grey or silver in their color scheme). 

If by "modern" you mean "non gray," then white would do the same thing, and it becomes a far more familiar look reminiscent of the Kosar era. 

 

I couldn't agree more with @LordBigMad. The dark facemasks seemed to dull the overall look of the set. If it's possible, it made the Browns too brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordBigMad said:

The brown facemasks look about as bad as I expected them to look in live game action.

 

The brown facemasks seriously detract from the whole retro/classic look the Browns are trying to achieve. They make the helmets look dull and boring in the same way that black for black's sake facemasks do. IMO white or gray make the entire helmet pop more.


The helmet is traffic cone orange. The last thing it needs is to pop more.

 

If they had gone full throwback, I’d prefer the grey mask, but since they put a contemporary spin on things with the new digits and type, I think brown was a fine choice. Maybe pairing it with the classic uniform style made the difference for me, because I didn’t like the brown mask when it came out with the 2015 uniforms.

 

The only mask color I don’t want to see the Browns wear again is white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White and grey masks both work well for the Browns. Brown doesn't. Orange would be even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gray just looks so good with orange and brown.  It's a very autumnal combination.  

 

I also wish they'd go back to their old shade of brown.  "Seal brown" I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White is the worst color they could use.  It's gray>gray>gray>brown>white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, Pharos04 said:

What team is this? I can’t tell without the giant city name on the front or the team name down the side of the pants! This is madness!!

 

All kidding aside, the Browns look like the Browns again. The minor tweaks fall seamlessly in place with the traditional look of the Browns. Such a substantial upgrade over the mess they had before it’s like night and day. Hope it never gets tossed aside again.

The one nitpick I probably can point out is the NFL  loosening the footwear regulations which imo was a major mistake....just to see the whole squad in the dominant or solid black shoe color or the opposite in white 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns rebrand is now perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.