Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

45 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

And now a twitter account with 95k followers is spreading the obviously fake white helmet rumors ?‍♂️

This is just going to get worse ... and we still have two years until 2020.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

We already have too many teams with white helmets that would look better with colored lids (Charger, Jets, possibly Cardinals and Titans), let's not add to it. 

Definitely agree on the Chargers and Jets. Both teams would look infinitely better with non-white helmets. Disagree on the Cardinals and Titans. Haven't those teams traditionally always had white helmets? 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Just now, DeFrank said:

Definitely agree on the Chargers and Jets. Both teams would look infinitely better with non-white helmets. Disagree on the Cardinals and Titans. Haven't those teams traditionally always had white helmets? 

All 4 of them have traditionally white helmets, so I'm not sure how you agree with the first two based on the second two.

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, DeFrank said:

If you went by their time as the Oilers, the Titans had light blue helmets as well.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

All 4 of them have traditionally white helmets, so I'm not sure how you agree with the first two based on the second two.

Traditionally the Jets and Chargers have had their best success, not counting Super Bowl III, in colored helmets. The Cardinals have worn white forever and a change would be glaring, but I think it would be an improvement even if their fans may initially cringe. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really want a Browns that basically looks like this.

The Browns can't have a white helmet, because the helmet IS their brand.  No matter how many times they try to shoehorn a wordmark, it's simply not going to work.  The Browns have the helmet, the bulldog, and the elf.  That's fine.  It's unique, it's weird, it's Cleveland.

Orange, Brown, White.  Flat, matte, simple, clean.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

27 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

"Traditionally have always" was the phrased I used. I guess what I meant was that they've basically had white helmets uninterrupted for several decades, rather than the Jets and Chargers, who went from white to navy/green for a couple decades in the 80s-00s.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

15 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I really want a Browns that basically looks like this.

The Browns can't have a white helmet, because the helmet IS their brand.  No matter how many times they try to shoehorn a wordmark, it's simply not going to work.  The Browns have the helmet, the bulldog, and the elf.  That's fine.  It's unique, it's weird, it's Cleveland.

Orange, Brown, White.  Flat, matte, simple, clean.

So Florida Gators, just with brown instead of blue?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If you went by their time as the Oilers, the Titans had light blue helmets as well.

Traditionally the Jets and Chargers have had their best success, not counting Super Bowl III, in colored helmets. The Cardinals have worn white forever and a change would be glaring, but I think it would be an improvement even if their fans may initially cringe. 

Nope the Jets have definitely had more success in white helmets. They have been to 3 AFC Titles in white lids and only 1 in green.

While I don't think they'll switch to a White helmet, both Oregon State and Oklahoma State have had some great looks with the White lid and Orange/Black color scheme.  (boo those truncated stripes):

This, with full helmet & pant stripes, and 1-color block numbers and matching sleeve stripes (basically, back to their original unis, but matching up the stripes) would indeed work.  

oregon-state-football-1510068436.jpeg

White on White is beautiful:

oregonstate.jpg

White over Dark:

qwtemp48.jpg

White over Orange:

617934126.jpg

In my opinion, these are still king:

Josh-Gordon.record.400.jpg

USATSI_8286146_1453502960410_86191_ver1.

136100063.jpg?w=594&h=360&crop=1

The smartest thing for Nike, the NFL and the Browns to do is involve Cleveland fans, coaches and players in the process. Don't let them design anything obviously. But do focus groups and gauge reactions before everything is official. If they cared enough to do it the first time, they wouldn't be in this mess. 

Imagine if they did something dumb like white helmets and we have to wait 5 years to see it fixed again? or forcing us to watch all white uniforms for another 5 years.

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The smartest thing for Nike, the NFL and the Browns to do is involve Cleveland fans, coaches and players in the process. Don't let them design anything obviously. But do focus groups and gauge reactions before everything is official. If they cared enough to do it the first time, they wouldn't be in this mess. 

Imagine if they did something dumb like white helmets and we have to wait 5 years to see it fixed again? or forcing us to watch all white uniforms for another 5 years.

Well, what if players want white helmets, and the coaches don't give a crap? Then what? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Never never never ask the players.  Never. Just look at CFB, involving the players in the uniforms ends in a train wreck every time.

I know they're the ones who are going to wear them, but that doesn't mean their aesthetic judgements are worth a crap. When I have a plumber in to fix the toilet, I don't ask him what color I should paint the bathroom walls.

30 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Asking the players lead to the 49ers wearing all black with red numbers. 

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well, what if players want white helmets, and the coaches don't give a crap? Then what? 

51 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Never never never ask the players.  Never. Just look at CFB, involving the players in the uniforms ends in a train wreck every time.

I know they're the ones who are going to wear them, but that doesn't mean their aesthetic judgements are worth a crap. When I have a plumber in to fix the toilet, I don't ask him what color I should paint the bathroom walls.

29 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Asking the players lead to the 49ers wearing all black with red numbers. 

I should have been more specific. I definitely don't think the players and coaches should design the uniforms. I was thinking of more practical reasons why the players/coaches would be opposed to uniform designs. Like the current guys hating the brown jerseys, because they can't read the orange numbers. A problem that never would have happened if they did proper research in the beginning. The NFL has such strict rules, they need to get it right this time.

7 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

This is the exact look they should have in 2020, because they never should've changed it from this in the first place.  Period.

The only thing I would change is to get rid of the chest word marks. IMO most, if not all chest word marks should be removed from jerseys.

Archived