Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

On 4/10/2018 at 9:31 AM, NikeRuinsEverything said:

I think we can all agree that the Dolphins throwbacks are at worst, a top 5 uniform right now. You know why? It's a simple design that relies on colors and striping. It also has uniformity (the shoulder stripes are matched to the socks). Uniformity in a uniform, huh? It has ZERO Nike branded design elements to it other than the swoosh, which is actually hidden fairly well. Oh, and the design just so happens to incorporate the most successful time in Dolphin history.

BBGD5jK.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

in describing the throwbacks, you also described the current uniforms. they’re also built on stripes (only 1 instead of 3 which makes it more uniform) and unique color and its only Nike element is the number font which as bad as it is, is actually very conservative compared to others. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I dunno if I'd take any cues from Browns social media. Didn't they post some uniform schedule with striped socks that turned out to be a nothingburger?

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Never trust social media from teams. It's meant to show off the artist's abilities, not upcoming changes. 

I should've added that caveat.

Still cream/off-white or lightish gray are the only colors that the Browns should ever consider adding their palette.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

I should've added that caveat.

Still cream/off-white or lightish gray are the only colors that the Browns should ever consider adding their palette.

No, only because it doesn't add anything to seal brown and orange. If they were going to an off white helmet that's the only time it'd make sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

in describing the throwbacks, you also described the current uniforms. they’re also built on stripes (only 1 instead of 3 which makes it more uniform) and unique color and its only Nike element is the number font which as bad as it is, is actually very conservative compared to others. 

See your point, but having the same striping all over the uniform makes my eyes hurt. Looks like someone with OCD designed them. Also, Brown sandwiching the orange on the white pants has never looked good to me. Don't really care anymore though after what the Browns did last night. I can't take it anymore, so they can keep the horrible uniforms because they are the harbingers of hope

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

For sure. Obviously, the individual pieces of the identity have their own aesthetic struggles (logo, wordmark, numbers, etc.), but I much prefer the vibe of the current uniform to the throwback. The brighter aqua is distinctive and the lack of stripes reinforces the notion that it represents a vast body of water. It has a cleanliness that evokes the streamlined, deco-style forms without being a novelty.

4 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

See your point, but having the same striping all over the uniform makes my eyes hurt. Looks like someone with OCD designed them. Also, Brown sandwiching the orange on the white pants has never looked good to me. Don't really care anymore though after what the Browns did last night. I can't take it anymore, so they can keep the horrible uniforms because they are the harbingers of hope

Strongly agree with the matching stuff. There’s little interest if everything matches, and it really does tire out your eyes (most times). There are ways to make it succeed, but it usually involves simplifying other elements, like logos or type, which many people apparently don’t like, either. :lol:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, jn8 said:

Saw this on Fox Sports' Twitter today:

STOfnO6.jpg

I know it's just a poor photoshop job that means absolutely nothing for a uniform change, but good God is this bad. They got the old stripes and word mark mixed with the new numbers. You'd think a major sports company would at least TRY to get it close, wouldn't you?

I think it might be intentional because it’s riffing off the endless QB NOB jersey which is the old style.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

13 hours ago, jn8 said:

Saw this on Fox Sports' Twitter today:

STOfnO6.jpg

I know it's just a poor photoshop job that means absolutely nothing for a uniform change, but good God is this bad. They got the old stripes and word mark mixed with the new numbers. You'd think a major sports company would at least TRY to get it close, wouldn't you?

Yet it still looks better than what they actually wear. The Browns, man...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 4/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, daveindc said:

That's a red helmet: http://www.gridironfootballhelmets.com/riddell-speed-blank-shell/Riddell_blank_mini_speed_helmet_shell_satin_red.html

I don't see anything wrong with that. 

Image result for orange satin football helmet

Image result for syracuse footballImage result for orange satin football helmet

YES...I love this!  I posted the same idea before...this would look really nice and be a good modern touch to an otherwise super-bland helmet.

3 hours ago, LogoFan said:

YES...I love this!  I posted the same idea before...this would look really nice and be a good modern touch to an otherwise super-bland helmet.

I posted this back when they rebranded as well, and it got shot down.. Glad to see it's more popular now

• 1 month later...

Probably nothing, but the Browns official site was just redesigned featuring the elf.

Along with the script endzones from last season and the training camp logo, it does feel like they are going retro with everything.

We'll see if it lasts...

newsite.0.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:58 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Probably nothing, but the Browns official site was just redesigned featuring the elf.

Along with the script endzones from last season and the training camp logo, it does feel like they are going retro with everything.

We'll see if it lasts...

newsite.0.png

I like it the Browns should use the elf as their  logo

11 minutes ago, Gupti said:

As discussed in the other threads, they’re doing some kind of “earn your stripes” campaign for the preseason where the players are stripeless until they earn their spot on the 53-man roster.

Make sense and unique just like the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates

52 minutes ago, kimball said:

So should we just expect the Browns to go stripeless this year?

They should. Those old style helmet stripes add absolutely nothing to this set. Go with the full clean look and forget about the pointless stripes.

Buffalo Bills v Cleveland Browns : News Photo

Archived