Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Is it an unpopular opinion to not like Cleveland's orange pants? I think they look better with white pants in every possible situation.

I kind of agree in that I once thought that orange pants would be good at home, but they look pretty overpowering as a whole with the brown jersey. They’re a bit better with the white jersey (given they actually wear the brown socks), though I kinda feel like the Browns just shouldn’t over complicate things overall.

13 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

I think I might be the only person on here who despises the new shade of orange. About halft the time, it looks OK. But under certain lighting conditions, it looks almost red, and does not complement the brown at all.

I do like the current wordmark a lot and hope it sticks around. I actually wouldn’t mind that being used for jersey numbers.

As for 2020, I would be down for keeping a shadow or stroke around the numbers (as long as they do away with the orange numbers), but between today’s design trends and the outcry over the current set, I bet we see a return to single color brown-on-white and white-on-brown.

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’m right there with you. I loved the old shade of orange. It was perfect. 

Thirded.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, Red Wolf said:

Is it an unpopular opinion to not like Cleveland's orange pants? I think they look better with white pants in every possible situation.

To me, the Browns in brown jerseys and white pants are like the Redskins in burgundy jerseys and white pants: not bad, but so many teams wear white pants at home that going full-color really makes them stand out. In the case of the Browns, you have helmet matching pants, jerseys matching socks, and the striping within them matches as well. You gotta lean all the way into an autumnal color scheme like that.

I don't like the Browns in orange pants on the road because even though you keep the match with the helmet, the Browns in all-white is such a classic, no-nonsense set that you can't get away from it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

To me, the Browns in brown jerseys and white pants are like the Redskins in burgundy jerseys and white pants: not bad, but so many teams wear white pants at home that going full-color really makes them stand out. In the case of the Browns, you have helmet matching pants, jerseys matching socks, and the striping within them matches as well. You gotta lean all the way into an autumnal color scheme like that.

I don't like the Browns in orange pants on the road because even though you keep the match with the helmet, the Browns in all-white is such a classic, no-nonsense set that you can't get away from it.

I normally don't like teams having different looks for different times of the year, but whatabout if the Browns started the season in brown over white, and white over orange, and then in October shifted to brown over orange and white over white for the remainder of the season?  It'd be like how some teams start the season in white at home, then shift to their regular color after the warm weather of September goes away.

I like the Browns in orange pants full time, but could accept white over white full time if they went brown over orange full time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

These three uniforms are probably the Browns best combinations:

Browns%20unis_1490648063616_9050716_ver1

unpopular opinion?

That's like saying that a few missing teeth is more attractive than two black eyes or a smashed nose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

These three uniforms are probably the Browns best combinations:

Browns%20unis_1490648063616_9050716_ver1

unpopular opinion?

With the current uniforms I'd say white over orange, orange over white and orange over brown are the top three combos. The brown jersey is just so bad it doesn't work with anything.

If we're talking tradional uniforms, white over orange, brown over orange and brown over white are the three best.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Understandable, but I'd rather take these over Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and even Seattle.

Oh those aren't off the hook either, just nobody hasn't posted them recently. Those four are all equally terrible in my book, bottom of the barrel. If I had to rank them from least awful to most awful I guess it would look something like:

Titans

Seahawks

Browns

Bucs

Just to reiterate, all absolutely dreadful uniforms. 

49 minutes ago, Olmec said:

Oh those aren't off the hook either, just nobody hasn't posted them recently. Those four are all equally terrible in my book, bottom of the barrel. If I had to rank them from least awful to most awful I guess it would look something like:

Titans

Seahawks

Browns

Bucs

Just to reiterate, all absolutely dreadful uniforms. 

The only reason I place Cleveland above the other three is because they're the only ones who remotely resemble traditional uniforms, but agreed they all need some TLC.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Understandable, but I'd rather take these over Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and even Seattle.

The fact they are a 74 year old team makes it worse. Has a wordmark on the pants of another team ever been that large?

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

With the current uniforms I'd say white over orange, orange over white and orange over brown are the top three combos. The brown jersey is just so bad it doesn't work with anything.

If we're talking tradional uniforms, white over orange, brown over orange and brown over white are the three best.

I had a hunch that they were going to do a mid 2010's take on the disastrous 1984 uniforms. Unfortunately my hunch came true ?

On 8/26/2018 at 2:01 AM, the admiral said:

As @Gupti mentions earlier on, the orange pants are overpowering in my eye. You would think that orange would be bright enough to work as the helmet and pants like teams who use white, silver, or gold in those spots, but it rarely works as well. Illinois and Syracuse have historically used orange helmets and pants paired with navy jerseys, which I think works better because navy is very different from orange, while orange and brown seem weirdly close in comparison.

The Redskins with gold pants works better because gold is so much lighter than orange. They also have the benefit of the helmets not being gold as well (other than that short period in time). If Cleveland used brown helmets, then maybe orange pants suddenly become viable for me like that time Oklahoma State went black-black-orange. But even then, I find it unlikely I'd like them.

Based on likes, I suspect my idea about white pants only isn't an unpopular opinion. I had been wondering with how often the orange pants get brought up.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:11 PM, guest23 said:

I had a hunch that they were going to do a mid 2010's take on the disastrous 1984 uniforms. Unfortunately my hunch came true ?

And just like 1984 they’re reverting to a more classically-styled look as soon as possible.

This :censored: ing team, man. 

Archived