Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

36 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Just add striped socks and make the numbers on the orange jersey white,

And make it illegal to wear the brown pants with anything other than orange jersey, under penalty of defenestration from Terminal Tower....

36 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

and the Browns never have to change again.

A-men.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

@Ben5 is cooking with gas here. Just add striped socks and make the numbers on the orange jersey white, and the Browns never have to change again.

0AefjSO.png

I’d go with a gray face mask - there’s something about white face masks that has never worked for me, but I can’t articulate it. 

Im not even sure that white pants are needed, but there’s certainly no harm. 

I’d also go with a horizontal-bar 2 rather than a slant. Maybe even consider going full round like the throwbacks they occasionally wear.  

Also, the NOB should probably light up and flash. LEDs have come a long way, and it’s time they’re incorporated into an NFL uniform. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/25/2018 at 5:13 PM, Gothamite said:

I liked it at the time, I love it now.  Much greater appreciation for it now that we've seen so much of the alternative.

Look at the balance.  Orange element over white over orange.  The orange elements have matching striping patterns, as do the white elements.  The stripes don't have to all match because the uniform is perfectly balanced.

The orange is bright and vibrant, a perfect counterpart to the darker brown.  If they lightened the brown to the classic Seal, then maybe the orange could be toned down as well.  But as it stands, the almost-black shade of brown needs something bright to keep the uniform from becoming blah.

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

I'd change the fabric, but probably nothing else. I can live with any facemask, and I want white pants as well, but that classic and balanced design didn't need to change. 

13 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

MY WISH is that uniform update threads were limited to the uniform update.

That's really never been the case IIRC. If you just want the uniform release, pay attention to the CCSLC newsbot. This is a discussion forum, so people will... discuss things.

58 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

That's really never been the case IIRC. If you just want the uniform release, pay attention to the CCSLC newsbot. This is a discussion forum, so people will... discuss things.

Agreed that it's never been the case, but the newsbot also hasn't been around forever. Again - it's just my wish that I am articulating.  All good.

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I’d go with a gray face mask - there’s something about white face masks that has never worked for me, but I can’t articulate it. 

Im not even sure that white pants are needed, but there’s certainly no harm. 

I’d also go with a horizontal-bar 2 rather than a slant. Maybe even consider going full round like the throwbacks they occasionally wear.  

Also, the NOB should probably light up and flash. LEDs have come a long way, and it’s time they’re incorporated into an NFL uniform. 

I love this except I'd prefer orange pants with the brown pants, too. I loved the Sipe-era uniforms.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, LEWJ said:

I've been a member here more than half of my lifetime and I am certain that posting a recolor of an existing uniform in the concepts thread was frowned upon at one point. But what do i know? 😂 

You're right, recolors are definitely frowned upon in the concept forum. Posting stuff like this there would also bury those looking for genuine feedback to improve their skills. I don't think that's necessarily the right place for this kind of thing either.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:38 PM, Cosmic said:

The concepts issue has been brought up before, but it doesn't really make sense to me and it's been unevenly enforced. Half the posts in these "changes coming" threads are concepts in word form... I want yellow facemasks with the helmet from the 60s and the yoke that they wore in 19dickety2 when the equipment manager (who was a mule) didn't separate the wash and dyed their regular uniforms pink and et cetera. I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about these kinds of posts... again, that's mostly what these threads are.

But if you do the same thing and include a picture to help the reader visualize what you think the new uniforms should look like, then it's a concept and it's verboten. I don't get it.

I must say I'm guilty. I've been posting content like @LEWJ has shared in these discussion threads for years. I enjoy putting together mock-ups to uniform rumors and ideas that surface in these threads. I've shared many different uniform tweaks, logo tweaks, and even trophy tweaks. I'm not a professional designer and have no interest in promoting myself, as I prefer to remain anonymous. This is all just a fun hobby for me -- it sharpens my skills, it is a creative outlet, and it can be shared for other like-minded people here to enjoy. I understand not everyone will like my work, but it has never even dawned on me that some may not want to see those kinds of mock-ups around here. I've never had anyone tell me as much and I guess I've missed when this has been brought up in the past.

I do feel that part of what makes this a unique community are the ideas being shared amongst people with the ability to illustrate those ideas. I embrace the creativity and feel it only adds to the discussion, especially when there is nothing else to discuss. Without this kind of content, we are just like any other message board waiting around for a team to make a uniform and/or logo change. Like you said, I don't really see how this is any different than someone typing out what changes they would like to see.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

7 hours ago, cheo25 said:

I love this except I'd prefer orange pants with the brown pants, too. I loved the Sipe-era uniforms.

Orange pants with the brown pants would be a hard sell.  I'm not sure the players would want to wear two pairs of pants, considering they're doing all they can to shed weight and wear less clothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Orange pants with the brown pants would be a hard sell.  I'm not sure the players would want to wear two pairs of pants, considering they're doing all they can to shed weight and wear less clothing.

You're on a roll lately.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:38 PM, Cosmic said:

The concepts issue has been brought up before, but it doesn't really make sense to me and it's been unevenly enforced. Half the posts in these "changes coming" threads are concepts in word form... I want yellow facemasks with the helmet from the 60s and the yoke that they wore in 19dickety2 when the equipment manager (who was a mule) didn't separate the wash and dyed their regular uniforms pink and et cetera. I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about these kinds of posts... again, that's mostly what these threads are.

But if you do the same thing and include a picture to help the reader visualize what you think the new uniforms should look like, then it's a concept and it's verboten. I don't get it.

I tried to cut down on concepts in discussion threads but it was like trying to suck up the Atlantic Ocean with a sponge. So I just sort of gave up short of giving nearly everyone warning points. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Still disappointing that the most memorable browns season in decades (for positive reasons, looking at you 0-16 season) will be wasted in their current dreads. But thank god we only have one more season

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Shameless plug:

No. The shoulder caps look bad with stripes. They were designed when the players actually wore sleeves. Sorry, but orange pants aren't an immediate hit with most fans either. Yes they are a throwback to some memorable times for older fans, but not today. Go with color rush, lighter orange and slightly lighter brown. Get rid of the red hue. 

And before someone says it, the color rush shoulder caps look more like a patter being two colors than that design. Which is 7 color changes from top to bottom. I. e. The color above a strip is different than the color below it. It becomes busy. Especially with the requirement to have manufacturers logos on them as well. 

Retire sleeve stripes or minimize its look tremendously. 

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Wait...they’re thinking about a new stadium ALREADY??

Cleveland Browns Stadium is already 20 years old. Lease was for 30. If there's any serious plans to build another stadium, about now would be the time to start getting a site selected, land purchased, etc. The gateway complex would've been ideal had Modell ever had the foresight to realize losing 81 Indians games a year was going to make his choice to stay at Municipal Stadium a disaster waiting to happen. 

Archived