Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

19 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

If there was any truth to that, I'd have a hard time sympathizing with Nike (or the NFL/Browns). The lesson should be to not plan obsolescence through their designs if they don't want to be left with unsold stock when their design truly becomes obsolete. Maybe design jerseys people will actually want to continue to buy over time? Not experimental/trendy looks that everyone knows need to be (and will be) replaced sooner than later. That Browns uniform design looked dated the day it was unveiled. They simply need to do better. 

If a large majority of the team's fans and the players want new uniforms, then give them what they want. Let the people who were involved and signed off on that (including the Browns and the NFL) figure it out amongst themselves and deal with the consequences for the mistakes that were made. This 5-year rule absolving them of responsibility for terrible decisions gives them way too much liberty to do whatever they want to do throughout the design process. If they are left with too much unused stock before a new design is needed, that's on them for putting out an inferior product. They shouldn't expect the fans to continue buying those jerseys at full price. 

The thing is, nobody is buying those jerseys anyway. Right now everyone wants Color Rush and they know not to buy the primaries because of the 2020 update. So either way, there will be a loss when it comes to jersey sales. The old Browns president is long gone and he was in charge of the last redesign. Nobody in the building has any interest seeing them anymore.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

The thing is, nobody is buying those jerseys anyway. Right now everyone wants Color Rush and they know not to buy the primaries because of the 2020 update. So either way, there will be a loss when it comes to jersey sales. The old Browns president is long gone and he was in charge of the last redesign. Nobody in the building has any interest seeing them anymore.

Exactly. They need to rip off the band-aid and get on with it. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

One more thing: could the new uniforms have an actual primary logo?

They had this here, for a while. What happened to it? I thought it was really nice...

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

They don't have to put it on the helmet. The plain orange helmet is a untouchable classic on the field and that's fine. I like the plain helmet.

But for the image that represents your team, like for merchandise or for game graphics, like when FOX displays matches with the logos of the teams facing off side-by-side, I do think the Browns designer team could and should come up with something better than this:

2ioheczrkmc2ibc42c9r.gifbrowns-versus-steelers.jpg

If they are going to invest any time and money at all for a real redesign, preferably, it's best to fix things that need to be fixed and leave alone what's not broken. I hate what redesigners do everything the other way around. Feels like a waste.

That Football B logo is flawed. The ends of the stripes don't match towards the football outline on the outer ends. The spacing between the inner ends of the stripe and the B itself aren't the same either.

16 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

That Football B logo is flawed. The ends of the stripes don't match towards the football outline on the outer ends. The spacing between the inner ends of the stripe and the B itself aren't the same either.

then like, fix it? it's still a completely valid logo that fits the stupid brand that is the browns

GSyTJYY.png

It would be valid if it was a C. Can’t spell bad logo without a B. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, sealbrownandorange said:

Would love to see them lose the "Browns" wordmark from the pants and continue the stripe all the way down.

I think that 99% of this website wants this to happen.

26 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Here it is, the absolute worst uniform take in the history of takes. 

I mean, it’s The Big Lead, the Crown Prince of garbage sports takes, ready to take the throne whenever First Take goes off the air.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 7/26/2019 at 3:46 AM, Ice_Cap said:

So the mod team kept a running tally of his claims for each team. For the Jags he claimed that...

-They would keep the logo (true)

-The helmet wouldn't feature the logo, but would feature a "JAGS" wordmark (false)

-Jerseys that were "UCLA teal instead of love ya blue." (false)

-Gold helmets and pants with black stripes (false)
In his defence he later insisted that the gold helmets were "changed to black" but that was shortly before  the leak that showed black helmets. Regardless, his specifics on the helmet decal (a "JAGS" wordmark or script instead of the logo) never seemed to have been true.

He did more or less call the Dolphins changes from that year correctly, saying they'd be minor and that most people wouldn't notice. All the Dolphins ended up doing was dropping the navy and adjusting the shade of orange.

He was likely someone who knew someone who could get him a peak at conceptual work, and he blew that up in his own mind to the point where he claimed he had super insider status. He obviously had some insight, but not nearly at the level he claimed.

For the Browns? Here's what he claimed.

-Completely overhauling.

-A proper logo.

-White helmet.

The white helmet was his only real claim, as they other two could be extrapolated by anyone who had been following news on the Browns redesign.

He said a lot of stuff about the Titans, claiming there would be all red and all silver uniforms alongside navy and white. And that it would be "Oregon-esque" in terms of combos. Instead we got a navy jersey, a white jersey, and a Columbia blue alternate. With navy, white, and Columbia pants.

We did just get a red Titans fashion jersey as part of the "inverted" fashion jersey unveiling, but I doubt any of those see the field.

He had a bit more insight than the usual Reddit mooks (BradyIsMyHomeboy, TheSoundOfThrowingPennies) but made a lot of unsubstantiated claims all the same.

Swing and a miss.  Owner Jimmy Haslem confirmed no changes to the helmet, ever.  Yes, he said "no changes... ever."

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Here it is, the absolute worst uniform take in the history of takes. 

To be honest, these uniforms aren't too far from being a great set.  If they just toned everything down, they would have been a great update/refresh.

16 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

@oldschoolvikings got it right. 

They got a the basics of the uniform correct.

Minor changes:

• Remove contrast stitching
  • Remove rise-shadow
  • Use their new wordmark font instead of the pointed serif font
  • Reduce the CLEVELAND wordmark on the shirt
  • Remove the carbon pattern from the helmet stripe

Major changes:

• Remove the BROWNS wordmark from the pants
  • Reduce the shoulder stripes to the shoulder caps
  • balance the white on brown and brown on white... there is just too much orange.

Archived