Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think @andrewharrington's avatar is just about perfection. 

For reference, I never really loved the standing version, so I updated the “stiff arm” one:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let’s just say I’ll be livid if they botch this again. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

For reference, I never really loved the standing version, so I updated the “stiff arm” one:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sidenote: I love Erie Apparel and that shirt design. Did you work with them to create it or did they buy the rights to use it? 

Man, it's so weird seeing the front view helmet and side view pants templates I made still making the rounds even after I gave up on trying to keep up with all of the alternates in CFB and Wikipedia decided that my work didn't comply with their policies. The pants template has obviously been modified to fit the styling of the NFL uniforms but that's definitely my work. :D

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 7/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

Every time these Cleveland Browns logo discussions come up, my mind automatically goes back to two things, one of which must never have gained much traction. Andrew's elf above is the first place...perfect fan/apparel logo.

As for the second place...as far as primary logos go, I've yet to see one stronger or more simplistic than @rtrich11's concept from probably about eight or nine years ago (without the web 2.0 effect, of course):

browns1.jpg

Put those two together in a package and leave well enough alone. Bam.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Every time these Cleveland Browns logo discussions come up, my mind automatically goes back to two things, one of which must never have gained much traction. Andrew's elf above is the first place...perfect fan/apparel logo.

As for the second place...as far as primary logos go, I've yet to see one stronger or more simplistic than @rtrich11's concept from probably about eight or nine years ago (without the web 2.0 effect, of course):

browns1.jpg

Put those two together in a package and leave well enough alone. Bam.

Those are both nice, but IMO the monogram could do with about half those many outer strokes.  Just use the single white outline for brown or orange backgrounds, and no outline on white.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:47 PM, colortv said:

I think that's a great look, but knowing the white helmet won't happen that should be their logo regardless.

Time to come into the 21st century Browns.

I think it is time for them to change. I mean they really need to ditch the orange helmets. It's the 21st century and they need to leave the past behind. Going back to white helmets would make good creations on the end of their design and possibly create many ideas for different types of Browns jerseys to come. I mean the orange helmet had so many variants that it has gotten to where they are out of options to make a nice set with the orange lids. It's time to use white lids and become creative. Imagine white lids with an orange jersey? I bet Bucs fans could never pass that option up!

On 8/3/2019 at 3:37 AM, Gothamite said:

👏👏👏

Why didn’t Wikipedia like it?  Other than “Wikipedia is the worst”?

It was primarily due to the format and logos. Wikipedia is big on the SVG thing and I'm not skilled enough to make good vector uniform images. Also, the logos ran afoul of their copyright policy for some reason. I don't remember the exact reason since it's been several years since I gave up on trying to upload anything.

I also gave up just because it's so damn impossible to keep up with every single alternate that comes out. You know, some teams used to have only two uniforms they used for the whole season. Shocking, isn't it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I think it is time for them to change. I mean they really need to ditch the orange helmets. It's the 21st century and they need to leave the past behind. Going back to white helmets would make good creations on the end of their design and possibly create many ideas for different types of Browns jerseys to come. I mean the orange helmet had so many variants that it has gotten to where they are out of options to make a nice set with the orange lids. It's time to use white lids and become creative. Imagine white lids with an orange jersey? I bet Bucs fans could never pass that option up!

Nope, don't want it. Only white that should be on a Browns helmet is the center stripe and facemask. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Give it a rest. You aren’t going to change anyone’s mind. It also isn’t going to happen. Do you want Cleveland to riot? That’s how you get Cleveland to riot

14 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I think it is time for them to change. I mean they really need to ditch the orange helmets. It's the 21st century and they need to leave the past behind. Going back to white helmets would make good creations on the end of their design and possibly create many ideas for different types of Browns jerseys to come.

We should leave the past behind, by going deeper into the past! Then the past won't be the past, it'll be the FUTURE!

tenor.gif?itemid=12477079

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I don't think switching to a white helmet would be a bad thing from a purely aesthetic standpoint, however there's way too much equity built up in the orange helmet/logo and it'd be unwise to blow that all up.

If there was to be a change to the shell, maybe going to the single white stripe would work, or working gray into it instead of the white (and going back to the gray mask... and maybe adding gray pants.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think switching to a white helmet would be a bad thing from a purely aesthetic standpoint, however there's way too much equity built up in the orange helmet/logo and it'd be unwise to blow that all up.

If there was to be a change to the shell, maybe going to the single white stripe would work, or working gray into it instead of the white (and going back to the gray mask... and maybe adding gray pants.)

The Browns Throwback with the brown numbers and single white stripe wasn't that popular with fans. We sucked almost every game we wore it. But it's just not a great look. 

The two brown stripes make it work. 

Lacking a logo on the helmet means the helmet is our identifier on the field. Facemask color doesn't matter too much. But with the color rush /darker look, I really like the brown mask. The white is just too bright unless you're constantly wearing the white even at home. I believe somewhere the players said they preferred the darker mask to see out of. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, dont care said:

Give it a rest. You aren’t going to change anyone’s mind. It also isn’t going to happen. Do you want Cleveland to riot? That’s how you get Cleveland to riot

Yeah, I would love to see Browns fans riot like wild animals! I would love to see people cry when the orange lids are GONE! Hahaha! I would love that kodak moment!

Archived